“Awesome atmosphere, hearty soul food, great value”
Review of Parada 22

Parada 22
Ranked #366 of 5,695 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Caribbean, Puerto Rican
Neighborhood: Haight-Ashbury
Neighborhood: Haight-Ashbury
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Awesome atmosphere, hearty soul food, great value”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Pros

- Very abundant portions, but almost tapas style so you get to trip a little bit of everyone on each platter (plantains, beans, rice, salad)
- The Beans were KILLER (I got the Red, which is cooked with pork in a stew. White is vegetarian. Probably the best latin cuisine Beans I've had. ever).
- Pork shoulder was decently tender (could've used another hour maybe). The Chicaharon chicken is kind of a glorified chicken tender though.
-Location: Very accessible, right next to Golden Gate Park so this spot is money for a date and walk afterwards
- Atmosphere: Authentic, local family feel, cozy but not too crowded, different types of seating
- Lemonade is freshly made and you can taste the difference
- Fair pricing

Cons

- Location: on Haight St so the nearby characters can make you uncomfortable if you're going for a late night meal

• Visited September 2012

London, Ontario
“Loved the Food”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stumbled upon this place by accident. We asked one of the locals working in a shop on Haight for a recommendation, and this was it. The place is quite small inside, but we loved the bright interior and the food was excellent. Everyone in my party tried something different and we all enjoyed our lunch. The food came out very quickly. Would recommend this place.

• Visited September 2012
Virginia, USA
“Fantastic find!”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My husband and I stopped in for a late lunch as we did the tourist walk down Haight and into Golden Gate Park. This restaurant looked different and interesting, the menu being very diverse. We were quickly offered a seat, anywhere we liked, the restaurant is small but there were only two tables occupied. We chose to sit in the window and people watch. The drinks were cold and quickly served. We took out time with the menu, ordering a sandwich and then one of the chicken dishes. The rice and beans were out of this world, tons of flavor and not too much kick. The portions were huge, my husband only made it through a little better than half his sandwich, but I must admit I ate most of my plate as it was just to tasty to leave behind. We stayed a little beyond our meal for a few more drinks and then headed on our way. For several drinks, the food and tip the bill was only $45. Can't beat that in San Fran for a fresh, hot, authentic Cuban meal!

• Visited March 2012
“Yummy lunch in Upper Haight”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Hubby and I were in the upper Haight looking to try something we hadn't had before. Don't know how I could have missed this place with its bright green exterior. Small but no problem getting a table for two. Staff super friendly. Neither of us could decide whether we wanted the biftec or the pork sandwich, so we got one of each and shared. Both very yummy. My husband liked the beef with carmelized onions best, I liked the pork wih ham and pickles best. Reasonable prices, excellent service, definitely want to go back and try their weekend brunch sometime.

Bloomington, Minnesota
“Scrumptious, fresh food!”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

This is a hidden gem in the San Francisco area. I had found this restaurant ahead of time via a coupon deal, and wanted to have some Puerto Rican cuisine when visiting in town.

As this is the Haight & Ashbury area and it was a Saturday afternoon, it took 40 minutes to find a place to park (more time to build up that appetite!). This is a small restaurant and there are only so many tables, so we took a couple of stools at the counter. Several people had called in for takeout and were coming in to pick up orders. This place was quite busy even though it wasn't even dinner time yet, so we knew the food must be good.

We ordered the Camarones A La Criolla which is a tasty shrimp dish that came with Maduros, red beans and spanish rice (in a little metal bucket that kept them warm), and a fresh mixed greens salads with good, light dressing. All the items were delicious and very filling. The price was quite reasonable too. I had Sangria and my husband beer; it would have been nice to see a little more expansive beverage menu, but our drinks were fine. We were too full so didn't have dessert this time.

The food was fabulous, the authentic ambiance of the restaurant fun, and the friendly staff was attentive. It was worth the parking struggle! We would definitely return to this restaurant when in town (with or without a coupon deal).

• Visited November 2011