“Friendly stop for the weary traveller”
Review of Melt - CLOSED

Melt
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Nice staff, good sandwiches, good beer and wine! Saved my life on a hot Sunday afternoon!! Almost a friendly English pub but with a laid back Californian twist!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Passed this small place on the way to the wharf and we liked the sound of it (literally). Small jazz ensemble to play that night. We like fondue so we said why not. It was certainly nothing fancy but we had lots of fun. Good fondue, good beer and good music, what's not to like!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I've been passing a Melt food truck for the last few months at the Stonestown Mall on the weekend but had not yet tried it. Today I found myself near their Sacramento Street Financial District location and decided to give it a try. it was about 3:30 pm and they were out of the special "Parisien" combo I wanted to try so I made peace with "The Italian Job" Fontina melted on house garlic bread with a side of the sausage pepper soup.

I expected a soup with actual pieces of sausage in it. This was however a puree and it was quite good, robustly flavored. The sandwich bread was flavored on the top with garlic seasoning and perfectly grilled. The tab came to $9 and change. Not cheap but then neither is McDonalds these days and this was infinitely more satisfying.

This location is well situated for anyone going to the movies upstairs at One Embarcadero. They are however closed on Sundays and only open until 4 pm on Saturday.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

they have strongbow cider which was cold....great food and good prices i will be back....good friendly staff

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Was one of the best dessert fondue I've ever had. Me, my boyfriend and his son had so much fun eating this chocolate fondue. It had fresh strawberrys,sm pieces of cheesecake, peanut butter stuff pretzels, sm pieces of pound cake and the Belgian chocolate fondue to dip it in.Omg I can't wait to go back there and try the cheese fondue on my next visit to San Francisco! !!