“Not to my taste”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Mission District
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My wife and I have had good Mexico food both in the states and in Mexico. At Chilango they're trying to be a semi upscale Mexican restaurant and in my opinion they don't quite make it. The decor is nicer than most along with good service. But, for the prices charge they don't quite make it. I had their $25.00 special with Tortilla soup that was mostly water, the Chile Relleno which was a bit strange and the Margarita which is served in a small glass with mostly ice. To me serving the Margarita this way shows that they are cutting corners.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I know you'll only read the first two lines of this to start with so heres the important stuff. Dine in or take out, about $30per head including tip, $5 cocktails all in the Castro area.
And now the details; we're a party of 5 staying in the Mission district in need of Mexican. This authentic Mexican restaurant was fantastic. Comfortable seating, great service and wonderful fresh cooked food. I highly recommend the pork shoulder, but we also had chicken fajitas, steak tacos and pork rib. All of it was fantastic, everyone at the table gave it five stars. The cocktails were great too, sangria, and margaritas all fantastic. Our waiter was awesome giving us all the details on the dishes, including the English translation for some of the ingredients. Definitely worth a visit if you're up in Castro and you want an easy relaxed dinner.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I love the food at Chilango. I seek out mole and theirs is so flavorful. Check out the chicken enchiladas with mole. So tasty. Also very nice ambiance inside. Great central location. Definitely check out Chilango.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is new wave Mexican food, and some of the plates are out of this world. Everytime I come here I order any specials they may have, and a dark beer of course.

The service is warm and knows the cuisine well. The black beans are so oh so good.

Eat here, you'll enjoy it!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Came with a relative who lives here and his advice was spot on! Incredible food and service! Chicken enchiladas and tostadas (spelling?) were awesome.

1  Thank Ed G