“A delightful experience from when we walked in until we left”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chilango - CLOSED

Chilango
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Neighborhood: Mission District
Seattle, Washington
“A delightful experience from when we walked in until we left”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

We came because my friend has been here a few times before - "fresh, tasty" Mexican food is what we were after. We were delighted in everything. The owner(?) served us, remembered my friend had been in before, offered us variations on the menu - anything we'd like to request, etc.

We chose items from the Prix Fixe menu - a good deal. Soup/salad, entree, drink or dessert. Plenty to eat, and all excellent. I don't think I've ever had a spinach salad in a Mexican restaurant. The chicken mole was great, and also the enchiladas verdes. Polvorones was a good dessert - new to me.

Do go! - I go back anytime.

• Visited July 2012

portland, or
“California Mexican at Its Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

I love the authentic Mexican food I grew up having at small restaurants in the Mission, but in my more health-conscious older years, I want the intense flavors without the lard and fattiness. Chilango really delivers. The refried black beans are especially heavenly, as is the chili relleno. The guacamole is the best I've ever had outside my own home. Ala carte works well to give exactly what one wants. It's pricier than many local Mexican meals, but you get lots of fresh food on a menu that takes advantage of the incomparably excellent local produce. Go early or you will have a long wait for a table.

• Visited July 2011
San Francisco, CA
“Authentic gourmet street food done right”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

If you're looking for some of the best Mexican food in San Francisco, look no further than Chilango. "Chilango" is the name of someone who from Mexico City and, as someone from San Francisco, I can say that this is some of the best in the city. Start off by ordering an appetizer of their homemade guacamole with the perfect amount of avocado, lime and onions. Their tortilla soup is to die for. Their sopes are soft and delicious. The service is great: friendly and prompt. I can't believe the place isn't packed more often. It really is the best.