“High Quality Meal”

Alexander's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Alexander's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #368 of 5,643 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: Between 3rd & 4th
Transit: Caltrain, MUNI
Durham, North Carolina
“High Quality Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I wanted to go to Alexander's steakhouse because I have never eaten at a michellin star rated restaurant and their other location in cupertino received 1 star in the last edition so I figured this location would be very similar.

We started our meal with non-alcoholic beverages of hot tea and a special lemonade, both brought out by the sommelier which were quite unique and tasty. We had a type of peppers for the appetizer, which is supposed to be mild with 1 out of 10 being spicy. Well we must have gotten the spicy batch all at once because both of us ate spicy peppers the first 3 in a row. They were very kind and replaced out appetizer with edemame, free of charge. Between the appetizer and main course we were brought a palate cleanser of coconut mouse with some type of roe on top, very interesting. For the main, my wife and I both ate filet, which was cooked to perfection. We shared mac n cheese and mashed potatoes, to which the potatoes were the best I have ever had. We were stuffed by that point, so we passed on ordering dessert. However, they brought out a whimsical dessert plate to use with cherry cotton candy, some gourmet gummies and dark chocolate. We were extremely satisfied with our meal and would recommend it to anyone looking for a steakhouse meal that is upscale and a bit different than your typical Ruth's Chris type of restaurant.

• Visited October 2013

Ft. Lauderdale
“Excellent food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We went here on a recommendation of a colleague and it was a wonderful dinner! The service was outstanding. They were attentive to our every need and made us feel like we were the only ones in the restaurant. The edamame with truffle butter was one of the best things I've ever tasted and highly recommend it. Everything was really good. If I were to do it over, I wouldn't splurge for dessert because they do bring out some tasty treats complimentary, like cotton candy. Also, we each asked for a cup of decaf coffee and what came was carafes of coffee for each of us. It just wasn't necessary and they charged us $10 for each of them. Just a stupid added cost, in my mind. Overall though, a great experience and were already talking about going there again on our next trip to SF.

• Visited October 2013
San Francisco, California
“good steak”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Alexander Steakhouse is a chain. An expensive chain.

The steaks are great and tasty. They have a wide selection of meats... They do give little extras during the meals...

I'm just a little disappointed in the price. There are other steakhouses in the city that can provide just a tasty meal for significantly lower price. I find their wine price list too over the top.... JUST IMO though.

I've been there three times... Satisfied with the meal, but never feeling it was worth the cost.

Visited September 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Steak with a twist”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

The service in this restaurant was outstanding. Ambience pleasing. The food has an Asian twist so my steak had a sauce with it that did not entirely rock my world. Just don't think it quite came off. For this reason I gave four stars, but this is a very slick restaurant which does things very well. Lots of nice twists like the free candy floss at the end of the meal. Worth a visit

• Visited September 2013
Washington, DC
“Solid steak - great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was a business dinner which made the price palatable but the food was great. The wait staff was very knowledgeable and were ok with special requests. The truffle fires were a standout - excellent. Parking in the area is hit or miss so you should think about valeting.

• Visited September 2013