“Good food, very slow service.”
Review of Bar Norcini

Bar Norcini
Ranked #2,659 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Neighborhood: Union Square
Neighborhood: Union Square
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I ate at this restaurant twice while in town, mostly due to convenience. The crepe I had for breakfast was good as was the tuna sandwich and fresh fruit I had for lunch. I was immediately seated and the food came out promptly. Both times it took forever to get waited on. It did appear that one waitress was waiting on the entire place, which seemed unfair to her. She was quite busy so in my opinion they need to hire more help. I wanted some iced tea but they charge more than Starbuck's down the street, which I would much rather have.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

If you do not want to have breakfast buffets or loads of warm food to start your day, an espresso and cornetto at this bar is perfect, tastes like in Italy!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

My daughter, a student in SF, was having a late breakfast of fruit and coffee with a friend at Bar Norcini last week. She sat just inside the restaurant next to the sidewalk. The large windows next to her facing the sidewalk were open since it was a beautiful day. 5 young men came up to the window from outside and began harassing her, trying to grab her I-Phone. She expressed disbelief to her friend sitting with her, "why aren't any of the staff intervening?" (she was later told by the manager "the staff will not intervene because their safety would be at risk" uh, does that include calling the police? Really? Finally the bar tender somewhat timidly asked the young men to leave her alone. They did not respond but kept up the harassment until one of the young men fell through the window across the table as if he had been hurt. My daughter jumped up to make sure he was in fact not hurt, and after he got off the table they ran off down Powell Street--yep, with her I-Phone in tow. After the police arrived the manager later expressed, "Even though we can see them harassing you on the surveillance tape, we cannot actually see them taking your I-Phone; we are not 'judge and jury' therefore it is not our responsibility." My daughter called me in tears, seriously upset and in shock over this terrible ordeal; I personally called the manager not believing they could be so callous. Customer beware: Bar Norcini owned and operated by Villa Florence Hotel does not provide even a reasonable expectation of safety while eating in their establishments. Thankfully there are other far better places in the City that don't agree and ensure a reasonable level of safety (and responsibility) for their patrons.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Sits on the street with lots of sights. Very friendly staff and great drinks and appetizers. We look forward to our next visit

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Real espresso coffee, not like Starbucks, and personal service from the guys behind the bar, with a good range of pastries. Decent range of drinks and bar food as well.