“Fantastic Wine & Cheese Bar”
Review of Bar Norcini

Bar Norcini
Ranked #1,386 of 5,922 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Neighborhood: Union Square
Neighborhood: Union Square
Reviewed April 30, 2012

..,And yet I had their espresso. Seeing people at cafe tables indulging in wine and cheese however, did tempt me had I had the time.

I did have the best Ily coffee mocha I've had in a long while here.

You know a place is good when you'd go out of your way when in town again just to have a coffee. I'd do that for the mocha I had here.

1  Thank Tanya W

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Being Australian, I'm used to an excellent standard of espresso coffee in almost any location, but this is not the case in the USA. However the coffee and pastry are excellent at Norcini with fruit and yoghurt options for breakfast, salad and sandwich offerings at lunch and a great wind list and deli counter full of meats and cheeses for the evening.
They get it right!

Reviewed March 12, 2012

So, I have visited the Villa Florence several times over the years and have eaten and drunk at this bar in the lobby many times. Quite simply, I love it! I love the ambience, the friendly staff, the salumi platters, the wine choice. Divine. It's also a great place to mooch if you're travelling along - pull up a seat at the bar, have a salumi platter and a quartino of wine as dinner and it's not intimidating in the same way as dining alone at a restaurant can be. The salumi platters are choices if meats & hams (all home cured) or cheeses or a combination served with delicious olives, grapes and the most wonderful home baked crackers and breads. The staff will choose for you if you're stuck and they do a terrific job! Last time I tried a wonderful pear crumble dessert. At lunchtime you can have salads (the prosciutto and melon, caprese and grilled aubergine/eggplant salads are all lovely) which come with breads, or a home cooked pizzeria.

So, come here. I love it and you will too

Reviewed January 18, 2012

WE stayed at Villa Florece Horel, so it was a no brainer.. Great times and food and wine!

Reviewed October 20, 2011

1. Amazing wine
2. Amazing food
3. Aazing service - Morgan. Authentic, genuinely nice and caring and put together a mean meat and cheese tray!

Will definitely return!