The Real S.F. Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Real SF Tour offers 4 incredible tours merging sightseeing and trekking with public transit for the most authentic visitor experience in San Francisco. Part urban adventure, part urban trek, and totally green, The Real SF Tours take you where no other tours can go. You’ll visit enchanted gardens, secret stairways, glorious rooftop views, and some of the city’s coolest neighbourhoods. You’ll be avoiding large crowds of tourists while experiencing the real culture of San Francisco and learning about its rich and storied history. You’ll traverse the city on Cable Cars, Light Rail, and City Buses. You must be able to walk 4 separate uphill 1.5 block sections, there are a total of 6 uphill flights of stairs, and 15 downhill flights of stairs, spread throughout the day. The day encompasses over 5 miles of walking including short uphill sections and hidden stairways that most people find extremely enjoyable. If you do not walk regularly this tour may be more challenging than enjoyable. If you have any difficulty going up and downstairs we do not recommend this tour. Please only wear comfortable closed toe walking shoes. Tours run daily departing from the California St Cable Car turnaround.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had a great time on the Real SF Tour. It was a little warmer than normal for the time of year, but I had planned ahead and brought two bottles of water. Sean was our tour guide and was very knowledgeable about the different parts of the city and quite patient when the group asked lots of questions. It was also nice meeting the other people on the tour who were from all around the world. If this is your first time in San Francsico I highly recommend taking this tour to get to know the different areas. Be prepared for plenty of walking and some of it uphill. Comfortable shoes are a must!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We just did this tour with Kevin on Friday and it was far better than we expected. You get to see so many places that you can't on a bus tour. Kevin was incredibly knowledgeable and engaging! We had a great group and had a lot of fun together. it didn't hurt that we had a picture-perfect day! I would highly recommend this tour unless you have knee issues. We covered over 7 miles of the city and saw almost 1/3 pf the city. I can't recommend this company enough - well worth the cost!

Reviewed November 2, 2012

The previous "Excellent" reviews say it all. Sean did a superb job. As I told him at the end of the day, I generally am not a city person; I did this tour for my wife, and I expected the day to suck. It turned out to be a great day and we had lots of fun, partly because of the great city that SF is and partly due to the really great tour and tour guide. Probably the best tour I have ever taken anywhere. Thanks, Sean.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I can't recommend this tour highly enough...provided you're reasonably healthy and enjoy walking. We completed a few tours in San Francisco, but this was the one that really stood out for the whole family. Chris, our guide, was extremely knowledgeable and seemed to have an interesting anecdote for every street corner. His enthusiasm for San Francisco was infectious and by the end of the day we all understood why...it's a fabulous city with a million hidden stories that you'll only discover on The Real San Francisco Tour!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

A great way to explore San Francisco. Our tour guide Kevin was very knowledgeable, good company and obviously enjoyed his role through the energy and insight he demonstated as a tour guide. You get to see a variety of interesting places through San Francisco, some of which would take you longer than a day to navigate to and others which you very unlikely find without local knowledge and it was enjoyable to move around the city via a number of different types of transport. The small group size (there were 11 people in the tour i went on - i think 12 is the maximum) makes the tour seem quite personal which is a positive. Without a doubt easily one of the best day tours that i have been on and would recommend to anybody visiting the city