“tasty food nice atmosphere”

The Pub at Ghirardelli Square
Reserve with OpenTable
The Pub at Ghirardelli Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #353 of 5,922 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Polk/Larkin
Transit: Take the MUNI 19 to the Polk street stop. The F line also stops by us.
Description: Located just below San Francisco's historical Ghirardelli Square, and across from the iconic Aquatic Park, The Pub offers all of the American Southern cooking classics—highlighting house smoked BBQ and late night dining. With sweeping views, outdoor seating, home crafted cocktails (featuring house infused liquors), and a great selection of beers, you will not be disappointed with all The Pub has to offer. We love what we do and we know you will too. So come on down and enjoy some of the city's most noted BBQ in an atmosphere that is only found in San Francisco.
Reviewed May 23, 2014

good food, very tasteful quesadilla and the meat combo awesome and spicy. the view of Alcatraz lighted up in the night was great. ot many beers to chose but all good. Service was fast and very nice. It's worth coming bck again

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Went there on a Friday evening while in San Francisco. Fun atmosphere, cozy booth and fantastic food. I had the ribs potato salad and baked beans; my husband had the meat mix plate with pulled pork and brisket with brussel sprouts - all of it was so scrumptuous! Only problem I had was that I couldn't eat it all and the hotel we were staying at didn't have a microwave to allow us to take it back and reheat later. Atmosphere was fun and they were playing hockey on the big screens - which was nice for us Canadians! Would have gone back for sure if we had more time. Enjoyed the setting sun in the bay across the street before settling down for dinner.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Made a point of going here as it serves brisket which I have been keen to try for a while. Unfortunately the brisket was a huge letdown - dry and tough and slathered in so much barbecue sauce that you couldn't really taste it anyway. The accompanying sprouts with bacon and corn bread were nicer than the main attraction. At the end of the meal, I think I just managed to replace my fork on the table before the waiter whisked my plate away (despite the place being half empty). Overall, not impressed.

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Friendly server. Prompt service. Fish tacos were very good. Side order of Brussels sprouts with bacon were SO good! Sub par beer menu (at least for what is on draft).

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyable fare with pleasant surroundings and reasonable prices. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would stop by again if in the area.