Open today: 10:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Magic Bus tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Magic Bus
from $85.00
More Info
from $123.00
More Info
All reviews interactive experience news clips tie dye the haight ashbury district video presentation amazing trip a lot of fun great fun great info our tour guide financial district golden gate park union square hippie blast psychedelic actress
Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked and confirmed our tour on September 26th, 2018 for Friday November 9th,2018. I received an email from James five days before our tour canceling it saying there is "a change in our Magic Bus schedule and they will not be running'. As an alternative offering Saturday December 1st and Saturday 22nd. I went online and it shows multiple dates open and that all fridays are booked. So obviously the magic bus is running on Friday November 9th, 2018. I am writing this review because it is our impression they sold off our tickets to another vendor or over booked tickets. I think it is a hoax and I would not trust them. I have not written a review before but feel customers need to know and be aware of this.

Reviewed October 9, 2018

I’ve been to San Francisco three times and this tour was a fun way of seeing the areas I previously had not seen. Meeting point and drop off was easy, Union Square opposite Macy’s. Both the driver and host were so friendly and knowledgeable. The ride itself was sooo much fun! Very interactive, transporting you to the 60’s and 70’s. The seats are all outward facing so everyone has a view. The host did a fantastic job of narration with videos and soundtracks!! You will certainly enjoy the bubble machine at the back of the bus and the reactions from people on the street!!!This was a fabulous way to spend 2/2.5 hours, we were in San Fran for 48hours so with limited time this was a great option!!!

Reviewed October 2, 2018

The tour guide AND the bus driver were friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable. This tour enabled us to learn about the tumultuous decade that was the '60s, and San Francisco's role during that decade. At the same time, we got a good tour of the City. The tour was cheesy/funny (in a good way!). I was part of a group of 7, and we bought ourselves tie-dyed bandanas the day before to get into the spirit. Thumbs up all the way!

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Rode the magic bus today and have to say we had a good laugh. The 2 people whose names I can't remember were really funny and helpful and are a credit. This is a must for anyone interested in the hippy scene of San Francisco summer of love. Been from ireland this was a dream come true. So well done to all

Reviewed September 8, 2018

i remember the late 1960's and early '70's... i so wanted and want PEACE and LOVE and this bus brought me back to those feelings. My parents had traveled to SF in the late 60's and brought me back the flower power stickers and underground newspapers and peace symbols and i still have those items to this day. the tour brought me back.

Do dress up at a hippie and join in the experience.. HAVE SO MUCH FUN!

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

The counter culture movement born in San Francisco 50/60’s beat culture by way of the French radical poets Rimbaud and Baudelaire was a crucible for revolutionary thinking and a free spirited way of life. Not that you’d find out about that from this trip. What a rip off - Jack, Neal and Ken and all his pranksters would have been rightly turning in their graves. You can’t learn about this fascinating time by saying “man” a lot, man. Or by saying peace and love repeatedly or by pretending you are taking acid by passing around a basket of sucking sweets - I kid you not....man.

It was sooooo annoying. A crappy whiny voiced tour guide out of work actress who could not have been less informative if she tried sang along to the songs and intoned the words on an imperious audio track that was a travesty of nonsense and missed every opportunity to be meaningful. No stops apart from a rest break, no visit to City Lights, no walk in Haight Ash, no facts no name checks, no mention of poetry or Allen Ginsburg, Kerouac et al. One could have been in a box room as believe it or not the projection screens cover the windows for about 75% of the tour because we were supposed to be time travellers. There is something especially disheartening about this kind of thing that charges an exorbitant price for something that teaches you next to nothing about one of the great and most influential movements in history.

Oh and by the way can’t wait for the half hearted automated comment that’s going to folllow this. There’s no excuse and don’t go on The is tour if you in any way care about the subject matter. Stick it to the man.

3  Thank Wiseman61
Reviewed August 5, 2018

I heard about the magic bus from a friend and checked it out a week later. It was incredible, and I honestly couldn't believe how amazing it was! You know that feeling you get when you read a REALLY good book and you just hold it close to your chest upon reading the ending? The Magic Bus is about two and a half solid hours of that exact feeling. You don't feel afraid to ask questions or add a little story from experience, and everything I learned, I really enjoyed. WILL ride again.

Reviewed July 19, 2018

I'll definitely give this experience E for effort; the bus did a lot of extras to entertain and educate. I really enjoyed what I learned about the Summer of Love and the Hippie experience. I thought the film was interesting and cool. My only feedback is that the bus ride was a little long and was losing my family's interest. I also think that the movie played was interesting at first but became too much. My family all agreed that we would have rather seen more of the streets of San Fransisco than constantly seeing the moving screen. I travelled with my husband and 2 teens (14 and 17). Although I enjoyed it, I was left thinking I would like to take a regular tour bus to see more of San Fransisco.

Reviewed July 19, 2018

Loved the concept and creativity of this experience. The actor on board was funny and delightful and made it fun to experience this era in this way. I was a bit disappointed that we two were the only people on the big bus, but oh well. We enjoyed the old film clips of the city, important people, events plus the music and psychedelic shapes on screens inside the bus being projected while we were driven by places of interest. We me being a 60s "survivor", I appreciated the overview. It was simply done, a bit "corny", but overall a worthwhile glimpse of this era in this great city.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

Don't do this one if you hate hippies, don't want to hear about LSD, learn about free love, and are a die-hard capitalist aka "the man" :) But seriously, this tour is so much fun! Not just will you see some fantastic sights all around SF, you'll also get a lot of history, great music, little gifts, a stop in Golden Gate Park, and tons of good vibes! Had a blast and learned a lot and got some inspiration for things to explore in more detail in SF.