“THIS is the Restaurant in North Beach ~ Great Atmosphere! DC”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Trappe Cafe

La Trappe Cafe
Ranked #1,131 of 5,645 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Belgian, Bar, European, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Russian Hill
Miami, Florida
“THIS is the Restaurant in North Beach ~ Great Atmosphere! DC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Great food, always full, this is a repeat restaurant for the daily dinner.

This young ItaloAmerican owner knows how to do things, world traveler, although young, very smart and wise. Great place to experiment with food and beers...coming back a lot already..

Can´t be located in a better place, Cable car, in a beautiful Italian family owned Victorian building, in the heart of the Italian North Beach (Greenwich / Mason), parks, you can see the Coit Tower from the restaurant, just everything falls into place here...

mmmmmm...Marinated and sauteed seasonal mushrooms over country style polenta!

• Korean first
Miami, Florida
“Great Experience, nice Underground decoration!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great food, always full, this is a repeat restaurant for the daily dinner.

This ItaloAmerican owner knows how to do things, although young, very thoughtful.

Great place to experiment with food and beers...coming back a lot already.

San Francisco
“Great food, brews & ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

When you first go in, the place sees empty and you feel like leaving but....go downstairs where the action is and peruse their list of hundreds of brews, have some awesome mussels and fries and get the Belgian waffle for dessert!

1 Thank NKreig
Akron, Ohio, United States
“Now THIS is a bar!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

How do I even begin to explain my love for this place? Continuing with our beer tour, La Treppe was the last on our list for the day. It was the perfect ending to our day.

Now, I am pretty awful with my belgium beers. I know NOTHING. I prefer IPAs or stouts so I was a bit thrown off with the overwhelming list, aka Beer Bible. I left our bartender take the lead which he was more than happy to. If you need help, ask!

I let him know what I usually drink and he started me with the perfect first drink, then a second, third...maybe a fourth? I was feeling pretty tipsy at that point ;)

After many drinks we ordered some food. No complaints there either. Mac and cheese was delicious and the hubby ordered a salmon app.

PROS: Awesome service, sitting at the bar made the experience for us! Good food, prices were good, got served quick. knowledgeable staff. Awesome, cozy bar.

CONS: I was too full for more!! Oh, and it gets busy pretty quick- and full of people who have no clue this isn't a budlight bar.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Leah N
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Biggest Beer selection I've ever seen!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

Met some friend here while on holiday, they are locals.

The beer menu was amazing, food was pretty good too! Our server was excellent at suggesting which beers to try best on what we told him we were after.

Would recommend this bar to anyone heading to San Fran as a great place to visit off the main drag.

• Visited April 2012