“FANTASTICALLY FREAKIN GOOD FIND”

San Francisco Playhouse
and up
San Francisco Playhouse Theater Performance
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: San Francisco Playhouse is a nonprofit theatre company located on San Francisco's Union Square. Plays are staged daily, with performances Tuesday through Thursday at 7pm, Saturday at 2pm and 8pm, and Sunday at 3pm.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Go see a play here, you will be pleasantly surprised. Easy to get to by BART right in Union Square. I liked the quaint smaller venue of this playhouse. They have a bar and snacks for before the show and during intermission.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I enjoyed the play but not everyone will Biggest problem? it's an excellent 2 hour play but runs for 3 hours.

1  Thank Road W
Reviewed February 7, 2014

SF Playhouse is well worth a visit to anyone who likes high quality theater with a warm atmosphere in an intimate setting. I've seen two shows here this far and they were both awesome. I’m especially impressed with the amount of work that’s been put into the beautiful and authentic sets that takes your breath away the second you enter the venue. The shows that I've seen have been truly engaging and interesting with an edgy combination of drama and humor that certainly kept me awake and aware throughout.

The staff here is both friendly and helpful and are happy to talk to you. It’s also possible to buy concessions at the bar and bring back into the theater.
I don’t really have any complains other than that the last play I saw at times had a bit too much dialogue that I occasionally felt was difficult to follow.
That aside this is the theater I definitely will return to every time I’m back in San Francisco. If you’re planning on seeing a play in SF, this is the place to go. Actually, even if you’re not planning on seeing a play, you should come here anyway just to check it out!

2  Thank Fjantis
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We are theatre lovers from the UK and keen to enjoy theatrical experiences in San Francisco. We found details of the SF Playhouse at the Visitor Centre and the theatre is very central on Post Street close to Union Square. When we arrived we loved the entrance via the second floor of the hotel and the general positive buzz within the theatre foyer. Staff were very friendly and welcoming and we appreciated the unique auditorium. The play, Storefront Church was well acted and very amusing and enjoyable but with a serious message. Thank you all for a great evening.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

My daughter and I enjoyed the production of Storefront Church at this little venue in SF. Great actors, well done stage. Price was right. Will return when I visit my daughter again in this amazing city.