“My Fair Lady” 4 of 5 bubbles

and up
San Francisco Playhouse Theater Performance
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: San Francisco Playhouse is a nonprofit theatre company located on San Francisco's Union Square. Plays are staged daily, with performances Tuesday through Thursday at 7pm, Saturday at 2pm and 8pm, and Sunday at 3pm.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Longview, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“My Fair Lady”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

A very small and wonderful little playhouse. We went to My Fair Lady and it was delightful. Cast of 11 people and 2 pianos do an outstanding job. Enjoyed this very much.

Visited September 2012

Mill Valley
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Top Drawer Entertainment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Always an excellent evening at the theater with some of the best local actors in the Bay Area. My Fair Lady just closed to standing room only houses. Look for the new opening of the new SF Playhouse!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Jarion M
Fort Worth, Texas
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Don't Miss It!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

I saw MY FAIR LADY at the delightfully intimate San Francisco Playhouse and loved it. I'm seen many Broadway shows and this one was right up with my favorites. The actors were very talented in both acting and singing but I especially enjoyed their exuberance and joy in the whole production. MFL will end its run soon and the theater is going to be reopening at a new location. I would highly recommend attending this one (if tickets are still available) or going to the new season's shows. They even sell wine in long stemmed glasses to enjoy at your seat - a nice touch.

Visited September 2012
Huntington Beach, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“My Fair Lady was really, REALLY well done!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Great theater to watch a show, with only 100 or so seats, every seat was close enough to see the expressions on the actors' faces. Great songs, dancing and dialog with appropos accents. The program cited a dialect coach for UC Berkeley!

Visited August 2012
Perth
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“My Fair Lady - For a Superb Night Out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

We hadn't planned on going to the theatre as part of our stay in San Francisco. We had the choice of Les Mis and My Fair Lady and chose MFL. We were a little concerned as some of the publicity that suggested "new interpretation" and "sexy". The performance was truly fantastic and I thought was much closer to the original scrip than I expected ... but what was performed was exactly what I wanted.
Monique Hafen has a beautiful voice and both John Moreno and Charles Dean played their characters wonderfully. The two pianos were brilliant.
The current theatre is small (100 seats) but planning to move to Post Street and double the size. Please don't loose the ambiance; we had such a thoroughly enjoyable evening.
The front of office lady went out of her way to make us feel welcome.
I would certainly look up SF Playhouse next time in San Francisco - well done!

Visited July 2012