“Excellent Food - Friendly Service”
Review of Caffe Baonecci

Caffe Baonecci
Reserve with OpenTable
Caffe Baonecci is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #506 of 5,737 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Cross street: Grant Street
Description: Taste some of the most typical dishes from Lucca that you can only find in Italian houses. Our pizza has become extremely popular in the past five years for its uniqueness, with a style so diverse from other pizzas around the city that you simply must try it if you consider yourself a pizza connoisseur. If you are looking for an authentic culinary Italian experience, you found just the right place. Baonecci offers you delicious and traditional entrees from a Tuscan menu and thin-cracker, mouth-watering pizzas, each one hand rolled for you by Mamma Stefania. Baonecci offers handmade pastas made fresh everyday topped with Stefania's amazing sauces. Everything is made from scratch here. You'll be amazed by the freshness and quality of each plate and you'll be comforted by the friendly Gambaccini family who will make your experience even more "Italiana"!! We know... Our fare is not inexpensive, due to high quality ingredients used for each dish, plus for the love of an Italian woman that puts her heart in every dish that she cooks for you.. As we say in Italian " non si puo avere la botte piena e la moglie ubriaca" "you can't have both a full caraffe of wine and a drunken wife" Buon Appetito!
Orlando
“Excellent Food - Friendly Service”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Traveling with my 13 year old daughter, I wanted to show her a real italian restaurant in SF. I received a nice recommendation from a local and was thankful to get a table. It is a small restaurant that is not fancy and seemed to be filled with people who know how good the food is and keep coming back. Everything we ordered was excellent and I think they do a nice job of not 'over-doing' the meal, meaning it seemed to be perfect and simple combinations that made the meal great. I would think this is a great little restaurant for a date, a family meal, or for a few couples, but is not designed for a businessman who want to take ten people out for a business dinner.

Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Lethbridge, Canada
“Amazing truffle pizza and eggplant parma”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We really enjoyed this cozy and small restaurant. The service was friendly and the food was excellent. It was late (09:00pm) on a Saturday and we didn't have reservations and they found us a table. We LOVED the eggplant parmesan and the truffle pizza was delicious.

• Visited July 2013
Manhattan Beach, California, United States
“must stop in when in SF”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Located in North Beach, San Francisco's Little Italy, is this CUTE little family owned and run pizza joint. The pizza crust is thinner than a cracker. All the toppings are fresh and wonderful. They also serve pastas, and their desserts are fabulous. We always get a bottle of chianti. The family is all there and ready to take care of you. I highly recommend making a reservation

Visited July 2013
israel
“Feels like in Italy - highly recommended”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The Preshoto was perfect. Simple and delicious. The Pizza was thin, like it has to be. The Teramisu was a piece of art. Ethereal, and not too sweet. One of the best I ever tasted. The prices though are moderate and not cheap.

Visited May 2013
Chicago,IL
“Great place”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have been in SF so many times I can't count anymore and I have walked by this place many a time since it opened. My buddy a North Beach aficionado didn't know about it and it's next door to one of his favorites which I won't mention cause it's mediocre. I was alone sat at the little bar this is a very tiny place which always means great to me. My old Italian chef friend says" you can't cook good food for more than 75 people" I just wanted to try their pizza which got rave reviews and it was fantastic so was the pesto sauce. I was treated like family one of the sons waited on me and later I went into the kitchen and met the whole family. It was a really wonderful experience and I will return with people so I can try more things on the menu. By the way Baonecci means the cool or groovy café.

• Visited May 2013