“For those staying in SF!!”
Review of Max Napa Tours

Max Napa Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome the Max Napa Tours! We offer full-day Private and Semi-Private wine tours to Napa Valley, Northern Sonoma or Sonoma Valley. Tours are done in luxury SUV's, with seating for up to six people. We pick up directly from most hotels in San Francisco or Wine Country, and will put together a unique itinerary based on group preferences. The same tour has never been done twice! We typically visit small family-owned vineyards, producing handcrafted wines only available through the tasting room. Winemakers will greet you as friends. You are also able to make specific winery requests. All guides are certified Sommeliers, providing you the perfect balance of knowledge and fun!
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

My wife found Max's tour through Trip Advisor...great find! Yes it's more expensive than the large bus tours but it was worth it. Max is very knowledgeable about wine (ask him how he came to own his own company), tailored the trip to our own wine preferences, and found wonderful, lesser traveled wineries off the beaten path. The days was spent in Sonoma Valley; I expect the next time we travel to SF to go to Napa country with Max as our guide.

All reviews
"small wineries"
"wine making process"
"different wineries"

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Our guide, Evan, is a trained sommelier. He provided great insights on the wines as we traveled between the vineyards. He also provided insight to some of the places we passed on the way from San Francisco to Napa. He was a very personable guide who knew the vineyards that we visited; he said he had been to hundreds of the vineyards in Sonoma and Napa Valley.

We visited 4 wineries. At one there were no other guests at the time we were there; at 2 others there were very few other guests. The smallest that we visited had production of not much over 1,000 cases per year. The annual production of the wines we tasted was only in the hundreds of cases.

The vehicle we traveled in was both new and comfortable. Although it probably wasn’t needed for our November tour, there was a cooler in the back to prevent wine we purchased from baking on a warmer day. At the end of the day we stopped by a shipping store that shipped our purchases home for us.

Yes, I purchased some wine.

1  Thank Terrell_msp
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife and I went on a tour with Evan over Veterans Day weekend and can not even give this tour company enough praise. We had one other couple with us from Wisconsin who were great company (you can always talk wine when all else fails). Evan picked us up a few min early at our hotel in Napa in a nice large comfortable SUV. It was nice that we were early because we never felt rushed at any of the small and off the beaten path winers we went too. The first one was fantastic, I almost don't want to say the name so this little gem of a winery can stay the hidden treasure that it is (so I'll just let Evan show you). Every winery we went to had a great unique feature, rich history, and/or unique story. From visiting a winery in a cave to one that was a movie backdrop we were constantly surprised by every place we went. You won't be bogged down in the popular tourist stops with this tour, and you won't have to wait in line as tour buses of people are ahead of you. Instead we sipped wine on beautiful patios, went on walks, heard stories, and met some great people. Oh and I almost forgot the lunch!! It was a phenomenal little local restaurant that only adds to the awesome day. If you are a couple or small group you will get your moneys worth booking this trip! My wife and I are already talking about trying to get back for another trip.

1  Thank Randy W
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wine palette will never be the same after the trip Evan took my husband & I on last week. He was prompt to pick us up at our hotel. We had fun & lots of great conversation with Evan and the other two couples. He took us to Napa & Sanoma valleys- small vineyards where we learned a lot, tasted well & enjoyed the golden autumn leaves on the vines...trust Max tours recommendations! We started with an educational tour in the wine 'caves' at Baldacci, onto Honig, T-vine & Summers wineries. We had a superb lunch in between at Tra Vigne!