“A really great experience”
Review of Max Napa Tours

Max Napa Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome the Max Napa Tours! We offer full-day Private and Semi-Private wine tours to Napa Valley, Northern Sonoma or Sonoma Valley. Tours are done in luxury SUV's, with seating for up to six people. We pick up directly from most hotels in San Francisco or Wine Country, and will put together a unique itinerary based on group preferences. The same tour has never been done twice! We typically visit small family-owned vineyards, producing handcrafted wines only available through the tasting room. Winemakers will greet you as friends. You are also able to make specific winery requests. All guides are certified Sommeliers, providing you the perfect balance of knowledge and fun!
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was in San Fran for an anniversary and stumbled upon Maxs tours while hastily making an itinerary at work. I booked because I liked the idea of not having to drive and getting a little more of an insiders view. I was immensely impressed by how much more I got than I expected. We had max and another couple and I have to say it was the highlight of the trip and the best wine country experience I've ever had. It was both casual and fun. I cannot reccommend this experience enough. Worth every penny and I wish I could give it six stars.

4  Thank YngBizTrvl
There are newer reviews for Max Napa Tours

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were the only ones on the tour to Napa. Evan was our guide and was PERFECT. He was knowledgeable about all of the wineries and the area. He picked the best places to visit and a wonderful place for lunch. My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better tour or tour guide.

4  Thank Cincydebi
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We found Max through tripadvisor and booked a one day wine tour for Northern Sonoma Valley. He matched us with another couple that were around the same age as us. He picked us up at our hotel, drove us up to the valley, and we were at a small vineyard by 10:30am. There was no set itinerary we had to follow, which was great. He was very flexible and tailored the whole tour over the course of the day to our interests. He brought us to a nice restaurant in Healdsburg where we had an excellent lunch. All of vineyards we visited were excellent choices. Max was very comfortable to spend the day with, knowledgeable, funny, and had a lot of great stories about his past to share with us.

6  Thank BroMickers52
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This was my second tour with Max Napa Tours and our host Evan. I can't say enough about these guys. The vineyard choices were excellent, the knowledge Evan had of the wines, vineyards and surrounding area was vast and interesting. He was on time picking us up at our hotel and the restaurant he choose for lunch was spot on.
We originally had 4 vineyards on the schedule but after lunch we were ahead of schedule so Evan took us to a great little tasting room that was a lot of fun, we had some chocolate and a dessert wine that was excellent. Then he let us add on a 5th winery cause I missed it on my tour last year.
Where else are you going to get a tour that caters so much to your personal tastes and what you want to see other than Max Napa Tours, already planning our next trip!

5  Thank Cyndi J
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Found Max Napa's tour on Trip Advisor so we booked it in preparations for our trip to SFO. Evan was our guide today and he was on time at our pickup along with another couple. He took us to four wineries that were small, boutique wineries. All of them were brilliant choices with excellent wines. He also picked a great place for lunch.
Evan's knowledge about wine and the region was great as he provided great commentary along the trip which was very informative for those coming to Napa and SFO for the first time. He also provided great advice on ensuring we can get our wines home.
All in all, a great way to see the Napa, taste some really great wines and have an enjoyable day. I would recommend this to anyone without hesitation.

3  Thank Fred_Magee