WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #140 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Santa Barbara, California, United States
“Do NOT STAY HERE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

All of the reviews written are accurate and true: You put yourself at risk by staying here. Not only are the rooms filled with bugs and debris, the fire detectors in at least two rooms are unplugged and hanging from the wall. I attempted to bring this to the attention of the owner, but the manager wouldn't allow me to contact them. I just filed a complaint with the City of San Francisco because I feel that this Motel puts it's patrons at risk their health and safety.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Sherman W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
vestfold
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

We first got a room that stunk of weed and I asked for another room, I dont mind weed smookers but I do not wish to smell like one...

We got a new room and i saw all the surfaces was dirty so I cleaned them myself with a towel, it turned brown.
The new room also had 2 long black hairs in the sink, 1 on a pillow(!!!) and a few pubic hairs on the toilet seat (yes the small curled brown ones). the top of the toilet had not been dusted in weeks either.
I went down to front desk and he offered me to get a refund and check out but we had a 10 hour drive behind us and did not feel like looking for a new place in San Fransisco at 9 pm.
The manager was on duty the next morning but after the unfriendly staff members treatment the evening before and him calling me names when I was unhappy with the dirty and disgusting room was enough waste of my time.
I simply hope the motel gets struck by lightening and dissolves into thin air.

It is simply the worst and the crowd that you encounter; a guy was being psychical to his girlfriend in front of check-in desk and staff did nothing, I had to tell him off myself.

They do not care about their guests staying nor their well being.

Room Tip: Do not go here, you are better off couchsurfing or sleeping on a park bench.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank wftomdttwn

Travelers are raving about these San Francisco hotels

France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

We book online the hotel before with credit card security. As we came, the first think the manager wanted to do is to copy the credit card. We pay in advance the 4 nights but he wanted a guaranty.

As we see the room, we ask ourself for what he needed a guaranty ??? It was loud, sad wall. They just renove the bathroom part, so that was OK but the bed... boubou: bugs ? Hairs ?...

We had also a very bad feeling as we see another customer/european tourist, making photo from the hotel and be verbally totally attacked from the cleaning employees (bad boys like as they just came out the jail - bou - they are the one who clean the room... i understand now...) - on his place I would be scared. But we could do and say nothing because we know they have a copy of the credit card...

Other information: the hotel is located near a very crowdy street...

Room Tip: If you had to go there. Ask for the room as far as possible from the street and take care by the end...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maurice R
Sunshine Coast, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

We had four nights in San Francisco with a rental car to see the city. Lombard had free parking and was relatively central to the Marina and Fisherman's wharf districts, as well as other main attractions. The room was basic, and very dated but clean. We received a discounted rate due to refurbishment going on within the motel. There is quite a bit of road noise and it was a little noisy, but we didnt mind. The motel's staff were really helpful and friendly, offering maps and advice. There was also free wifi which was great. The Thai restaurant about 50m down the road (Benjarong Thai) is amazing!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Waterford, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2010

Myself and my boyfriend were having difficulty finding accommodation in San FRancisco as 41,000 Oracle Conference attendees were in town at the same time as us. We finally found this Motel and booked it on line at a price of $269 per night for 5 nights.

The decor of the room was old seventies style flowery bedspreads etc and one of the locks on the door was broken. I went into the bathroom and immediately saw blond,brown and even black hair in the shower tray indicating to me that this had not been clenaed after the departure of one but a numberof guests. I immediately pulled back the bedspread to see another balck curly hair on the sheets. As we could not find any other accommodation I decided to out up with it and asked the manager to change the sheets immediately and scrub the bathroom in the morning.

The sheets were changed and the following day we came back and the bathroom had not been scrubbed at all. The lock on the door had been replaced. I met the male cleaner outside and asked him again to scrub the bathroom. We went out for food and when we came back the bath room had still not been cleaned. At this stage I also notice 6 bites on my lower back which a month later I still have leftover marks from! I must have gotten these bites from the bed. I had pyjamas on and I was bitten on the side that I lie on in the bed and the only place where there was a gap between the top and bottom of the pyjamas.

Again as accommodation availability I decided to give it one more chance and that night I wore two pairs of pyjamas, socks with the pyjamas tucked in and a hoody!. Even this did not work- the following day I had a bite on my ear,arm,leg and the other side of my back. I couldn't take anymore and we booked out and luckily got a room in the Holiday Inn(which I highly recommend by the way). The manager refunded 2 of our 5 night stay only. I didn't even bother complaining but vowed I would write this review to warn others!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank sandramurphy
Sydney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

We stayed at this hotel after having tremendous problems finding accommodation in San Francisco. On a bright note, the brothers that run the place are pleasant and very welcoming. The hotel however is dirty, down trodden, in need of major renovations and majorly overpriced. we didn't feel safe at the hotel and placed things against the door to act a s a barrier. The bathroom had been renovated but the mattresses were so old, they had a "V shape" to them so one kept rolling into the middle all night. The towels were small and paper thin. The rooms smelt dank and dusty. The stair wells were filthy dirty unpainted and smelt of urine. The hotel was unpainted and in some rooms there were sheets as curtains. There was no fridge in our room. We cut our stay short in San Fran because we didn't want to stay here another night. It is unfortunate that such hotels are allowed to operate as such. Apologies for the poor review, but we definitely wouldn't recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family