“Great lunch”

Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Gilze, The Netherlands
“Great lunch”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Today we sat down after walking around Fishermans Warf at Darren's Cafe. My partner decided to take some pancakes and I chose the Vietnamese sandwich(beef). Both dishes were served quickly and tasted very nice. The only thing we noticed to be a bit strange was a waitress answering her cell phone while she was in the middle of a conversation with a customer.

Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Ottawa, Canada
“Great little spot!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

While in San Francisco and touring the city me and my wife stumbled onto this place as we were looking for breakfast/brunch. My wife only had a bagel but I tried the vietnamese beef sandwich which had jalapenos on it and it was outstanding. We definitely lucked out by running into this place and I would suggest it to anyone who is down near the waterfront. They had a tonne of options so should suit just about anyone's taste buds. The service wasn't the best of all time but they did take care of us.

• Visited October 2013
Manchester
“Great food”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Came across Darren's Cafe by accident in our search for coffee and breakfast on our first ever visit to San Francisco and we were not disappointed. Food was excellent, coffee was the best we had in San Francisco (and we like our coffee) and really good service. We ate there every day for breakfast and were never disappointed. We thoroughly recommend this place. Enjoy.

Ohio
“Great value for the area!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We checked out Darren's after reading the reviews here. We actually ended up going there for two consecutive days. The location was very close to our hotel, and with the trip advisor city guide app that offers a 'point me there' we could find it since the signage isn't exactly very viewable from street level. Anyhow, they were pretty busy and the first day they had three ppl running around serving so the service was sufficient. We ordered one rare beef and beef ball pho and the Dungeness crab Benedict. The noodles were superb - the broth was very flavorful and elegant. The beef wasn't rare by the time it got to us, but it was still good. The beef balls were nice and bouncy; not over cooked or poorly flavored. The Dungeness crab was very good as well; the crab was flavorful and sat nicely atop a large heap of hash browns. The second day we tried something else: veggies Lo mein and a ground beef three egg scramble with mushrooms and spinach. I was not a big fan of the scramble; the meat had no flavor and it seemed to lack personality. The Lo mein was very bland at first, but after mixing everything up it was better. There was: green peppers, mushrooms, a few broccolis, a few stalks of bok choy, etc. I ended up having more if that than the scramble, which was fine by my boyfriend as well... In general, it's great to be able to have a sit down meal that doesn't cost you am arm and a leg for the fishermans wharf area :) I think I might go back for the pho again before this trip ends.... Mmmm yummy....

Herts
“A lucky find close to the wharf”
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled across this place while looking for a place to have breakfast.

Huge choice, very big portions and very tasty. The sort if breakfast that keeps you going until dinner.

Priced reasonably with quick attentive staff .. Your coffee cup is never empty for long!

Worth a try and won't cost you much to enjoy a hearty breakfast.