“The most fun tour with the most fun tour dudes!!”

Best Bay Area Tours
Yosemite in a Day Tour from San Francisco
$60.00*
Small Group Muir Woods and Sausalito Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Best Bay Area Tours!!! WE ARE OPEN TO INDIVIDUALS and THE PUBLIC!!! We are a fun and affordable tour company operating in and around beautiful San Francisco California. We offer a variety of tour options. We feature small group tours - no large overcrowded groups at Best Bay Area Tours. Best Bay Area Tours is an experienced tour operator with many years in the San Francisco area. Let us take you on one or more of our exciting adventures.
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Alan and Mike! Wow! Fun guys who know so much about their great city! The trip to Monterey and Carmel was really beautiful! The city tour was a great way to see all the places you Have to come back to!! All I can say is "just do it "

4  Thank Garzas0961

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have been to San Francisco many times, but I knew that there were sights and neighborhoods that I had never visited or even knew about. I like smaller, more personalized tours and Alan's tour was perfect. There were only two passengers and Alan took us all over San Francisco. He is a charming and knowledgeable guide, with extensive knowledge of the Bay Area. Unlike many tours, happily, he did not talk all the time nor make really bad jokes. We made many stops and I discovered places I had never been and several neighborhood that I revisited in the days after our tour. I heartily recommend Alan's tour as a way to get an intimate glimpse of some of the most interesting places and hidden gems that San Francisco has to offer. If you like to go explore, Alan is happy to share his love of this great city.

7  Thank Kent D
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was a great tour. I have been to San Francisco several times but this tour with Alan really brought the City alive for me.Pick up at my hotel was on time. There were two of us taking the tour and it felt very personalised. Alan's knowledge of the city was excellent and I loved all the more informal type of details that he gave us. I had originally booked 3 of his tours before I left the UK but unfortunately 2 did not run because no-one else was booked. However, Alan kept me well informed by email and even suggested a couple of companies that I could contact as substitutes.
I shall be in San Francisco again this summer and will definitely book a tour with Best Bay.

3  Thank itchyfeet4550
Reviewed January 22, 2013

What a fun tour! I''m not someone who has done a lot of tours, because i usually find them canned or awkward, but Best Bay Tours was... Really the best tour I ever had. Alan, the owner, is intelligent, knowledgeable, and very welcoming. He tailored the tour to what our interests were, even stopping when we saw an estate sale at a mansion. We could hear him clearly and when one of our party who sat in the back of the van had problems hearing, Alan used a microphone. I had been to San Francisco several times but I saw it in a whole new way. the time flew by and I was sorry when the tour ended. I'd recommend this tour to anyone, even to residents who want to learn more about this beautiful city.

4  Thank Donnal55
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We took a morning tour with Mike of Best Bay Area Tours. Pickup at our hotel was extremely convenient and exactly within the 15-minute window as scheduled. Mike called on his way to let us know his exact ETA. We had a small group, only four total passengers, likely because it's offseason for tourists. Mike was a terrific guide whose love for the city shined through on the tour. The tour lasted just over 4 hours and we truly explored nearly every neighborhood in the City, only skipping the far northwestern and western areas along the Pacific. We stopped for pictures at classic vantage points - Palace of Fine Arts, the base of the Golden Gate Bridge, the Painted Ladies, and Twin Peaks. In addition to being a great tour guide, we have to give credit to Mike for being a great photographer! The tour is obviously a little bit more expensive than some of the larger Circle Line-type bus tours, but the personal attention and the small group nature of the tour makes it a fabulous experience. We had already been in and around San Francisco for 24 hours before our tour but my wife said that she hadn't been able to truly understand why everyone speaks so highly of the city until after our tour. Great experience and well worth it!

2  Thank MoCoMD