“Wish I could do this every time I'm in the Bay Area!”

Gears and Grapes Getaways
Book In Advance
More Info
$164.00*
and up
Wine Country Bike Tour and Picnic Lunch with...
Ranked #41 of 116 Food & Drink in San Francisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Luxury Wine and Cycling Vacations in California wine country! We take care of all the details--picking you up in SF, shuttling you to wine country, providing you with bikes and setting you up with expert guides to ensure an unforgettable day of fun!
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I am so glad my friends and I decided to go wine tasting with Gears & Grapes than just doing a regular car trip to Sonoma. In fact, I'm gonna try to persuade my friends to make into an annual tradition. :)

Basically all my friends and I did was ride bikes, taste wine, and then eat this fabulous gourmet lunch. The Gears & Grapes staff took care of everything, and were friendly and easygoing.

I can't think of a better way to explore the Sonoma wine country. You don't have to be super athletic, or know a bunch about bikes, to do this tour; they pretty much think of everything for you, letting you focus on enjoying the day. Just an awesome time.

All reviews
"sf"
in 16 reviews
"neighborhoods"

Reviewed September 1, 2012

This tour is great! I went with a group of friends, and I must say that I was nervous about the biking portion -- I'm not much of a biker, and was worried I'd be left in the dust. But the guides were amazing -- they were very patient and made me feel like I was a superstar biker!

Best of all, they take you to wineries you would never find on your own -- great little spots with amazing tastings. And to top it off, the feast they served us was out of this world.

I would recommend Gears and Grapes to any of my friends of family!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I LOVE wine and I am in love with Sonoma! We went to the RUssian River and it was an amazing experience! I absolutely loved the wines we drank and the wineries we went to. The people working at the wineries took especially great care of us because they seemed to know all of our guides! I had such a good time. I bike a fair amount and found the biking to be pretty easy, but I was grateful-- as I didn't want to work too hard for my wine. We only biked about 12 miles or so, and the bikes worked perfectly. The LUNCH!! it was sooo good. Definitely a highlight--- and the setting where we ate lunch at this beautiful family winery, was just perfect! I highly recommend this tour for anyone interested in visiting wine country. I can't imagine doing it any other way.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

My tour with Gears and Grapes was truly outstanding! Sonoma was stunning, each small winery was quirky and delightful. With transportation to and from San Francisco (and anytime someone wanted to cut a ride short), it was really a treat to have Gears and Grapes handle everything bike-related. When we wanted to ride, the bikes were there and the helmets fit. When we wanted to taste wine (and enjoy the delicious picnic lunch provided), we didn't have to worry at all about putting the bikes away. I was also thrilled with our driver and tour leader -- they were both upbeat, energetic, on top of things, and sensitive to the tone/pace of our group.

What a fantastic day!