“What a fantastic day!”

and up
Alcatraz Admission and Small-Group Craft Brews and Bike Tour in San Francisco
Ranked #30 of 101 Food & Drink in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Gears and Grapes Getaways offers day trips to Napa Valley, Dry Creek Valley and the Russian River Valley.Our day trips include pick up and drop off in San Francisco! Experience Northern California's wine country in an exciting new way, by pedaling through it first-hand. Learn more about wine than ever before from our expert on-staff sommeliers. We will take you to our hand-selected vineyards that produce some of the highest quality wine in Northern California. Our experienced tour guides and staff are trained sommeliers, who have authentic wine knowledge that you can't find anywhere else.Leaving San Francisco at 9am, a shuttle will take you across the Golden Gate Bridge into wine country. Once there, we will set you up on bikes and a guide will lead you from winery to winery. We will stop for a delicious picnic lunch amongst the vineyards. A shuttle will follow the group to carry any purchases or assist any riders who decide they would rather be driven. Biking the whole way is optional. At any point, guests may choose to ride in the shuttle. We return to the city by 7pm.All trips include bike, shuttle, guides, transport to and from SF, lunch, snacks and 4 winery visits.
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“What a fantastic day!”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I had a fantastic trip with Gears and Grapes. The staff was super friendly and knowledgeable, the biking itself was beautiful and well-planned, and the wine was (of course) delicious. The lunch they provided was also incredible!

San Francisco, California
“Gears & Grapes Getaways - a perfect day!!”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Nine girlfriends and I recently went on a full-day tour in Sonoma (Dry Creek Valley, I think?) with Gears and Grapes and it was the best day ever. It was the first time going to wine country that **I** did not have to be the DD!! A much better experience this way...

We were picked up and left the city pretty early, but it was super easy to bring my own bike and helmet. They even aired up my tires pre-ride for me. We started out with a shorter ride, to get us warmed up - and the van even picked us up before it got too hilly! The wineries were superb - I tend to be overwhelmed with all of the options when I go up to Sonoma and it's hard for me to pick where to go. You can tell that there is a great relationship between G&G and the wineries we tried. I left the tour that day with three extra bottles of wine for my wine rack. They will not be there for long. Yum!

After a full morning of biking, the catered lunch was excellent. Very good, filling food with fresh ingredients, at a perfect time to rest in the shade after a longer ride.

All-in-all, a perfect day. Biking, wine-ing, eating ... all with great service. A special shout out to our driver, Mari - she is the best! Super friendly and accommodating. Thanks so much to Gears & Grapes Getaways for a wonderful day!!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A truly delightful experience!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

A good friend came in to town for her bachelorette party, and the centerpiece of the weekend was a day trip with Gears and Grapes. Our whole trip was so enjoyable and easy, and it was all made possible by the professionalism and organization of the Gears and Grapes team. All the details were taken care of, seemingly effortlessly, which meant all we had to was enjoy the beautiful country side and delicious wines of the area!

The service was really 100% above and beyond - from the amazing off-the-beaten-path boutique wineries, to the easy and relaxed bike riding on quiet back roads, to the delicious gourmet lunch and wine that were prepared for us.

I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to recommend this company!

1 Thank AlyssaA398
“pure perfection!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

we had an absolutely *fabulous* time up in wine country this weekend. i can't possibly recommend g&g highly enough!! friendly, knowledgeable, organized staff; a perfect itinerary; and an incredibly delicious gourmet picnic lunch.

Providence, Rhode Island
“Best day ever!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I just celebrated my bachelorette party with gears and grapes. It was AWESOME! The biking was so much fun, the wine delicious, and the staff unbelievably wonderful and caring. OH and the lunch! YUMMMMM. Plus we didn't even have to rent a car or find a DD. Gears and grapes is a one of a kind operation- picking you up in the morning and taking care of every detail till they drop you off again. THANK YOU for the best day ever!