“Stopped in for Lunch”
Review of Wayfare Tavern

Wayfare Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Wayfare Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 5,664 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Financial District
Cross street: Montgomery & Sansome
Transit: Muni: Clay & Montgomery stops; Sansome & Sacramento stops. Cable car stops one block away on California Street.
Description: A Tyler Florence restaurant.
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Stopped in for Lunch”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stopped in for lunch today and enjoyed the caesar salad and the hamburger and the butter lettuce salad. It was kind of in the middle of no where but was a great little place. Ive heard they are best known for their fried chicken and hamburger. My husband said the hamburger was amazing!!

A little pricey meal but defiantly good.

• Visited February 2013

Saskatchewan
“The best experience!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Made a reservation for our first night in San Francisco. I told the waiter what types of drinks I enjoy so he recommended a Moscow Mule which I've never had before. Ended up drinking two! I understand they served it the traditional way in a copper cup. It was very refreshing. I make great corn chowder, but Tyler Florence's lobster corn chowder far exceeded my expectations. It was delicious. Do not turn down the popovers they bring to the table. They were unlike any I've tasted before, incomparable. We had the waiter flag down someone to bring us seconds and I rarely eat bread or buns with dinner. The meal of fried chicken was also very good although to be honest I could only a little of it I was so full, but they boxed it up for me to take to our B and B. the wait staff were excellent and we were surprised to see Tyler himself in the kitchen that Friday night!

• Visited October 2012
Pleasanton, California
“Don't understand the fuss”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is a very hip trumped place on Powell about half way up to Nob Hill. The atmosphere is great, nice bar scene. I would probably go back to the bar. The food is good, fairly simply. We had the fried chicken. Everything was well prepared and simple but not the best I've ever had, so I don't understand the fuss

Visited February 2013
Lexington, KY
“So good, it was sinful ;-)”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I love watching Tyler Florence on The Food Network, and let me say, I was NOT disappointed by his restaurant. You walk in and the wood is dark and masculine and sexy. We dined upstairs (it's a long staircase). The staff was attentive, and knowedgeable. But the food, OMG the food. DELICIOUS! I .had the Wayfare burger which is the best burger I've ever had. It had melted brie and caramelized onions, and cooked perfectly, and it was served with fries. My husband ordered the filet, which was also perfect, BUT.... The macaroni and cheese was life changing for my husband. That's all I've heard about for the past few days, is that mac n cheese. I tasted it, and I must concur, it's awesome He actually took home a doggie bag, and dreamed about the mac n cheese, so he ate it for breakfast the next morning..... Moving on to dessert. The sticky toffee pudding was out of this world good. If you're in San Francisco, make sure you go to Wayfare Tavern. We will next time we're in town.

• Visited February 2013
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Did a business lunch here and ordered the burger which a foodie friend had said was one of the Top 10 in SF. I agree. Had food order envy amongst my two friends. Great quality food, reasonably priced. A bit of a "stiff" atmosphere but efficient.

Visited January 2013