Post Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$175
$161
  • Restaurant
San Francisco Marriott Marquis(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$267
$165
$491
$194
  • Pool
InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$228
$195
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Comfort Inn by the Bay(San Francisco)
$269
$259
ComfortInn
  • Breakfast included
Club Quarters Hotel in San Francisco(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$240
$179
  • Restaurant
Courtyard by Marriott San Francisco Downtown(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$257
$229
$269
$408
Hotelpower.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewslong term staycheaper roomsunion squaresized bedwifi worked wellflat screen tvhotel lobbybit datedmarket streetexcellent locationnice staygreat roomnight staymoscone centerfront desk staffcable carfisherman's wharf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Easy walk to union square and public transportation. Clean rooms recently renovated. The staff was friendly. Shared bathrooms could use an update. For the price I'd highly recommend for a short stay. The old time elevator was great. Good weekend stay.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Daniel0913Arvada
Post H, Guest Relations Manager at Post Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you so much for a fair review about our hotel. We always strive to give our best to provide the quality service that our customers deserve, hence, rest assured that your suggestion for our shared bathrooms will not be taken for granted. Thank you for the appreciation of our location, clean rooms, friendly staff, and elevator, and also for recommending us for a weekend stay. We are happy that you chose our hotel and we are looking forward to serve you even better on your next stay.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Post hotel was inexpensive, staff was helpful and friendly. Bed was comfortable and clean. Neighbourhood is great (6 minute walk to Union Square). Large TV in room and lots of channels to choose from (granted that you are in SF to watch television). 2 bathrooms (1 working shower) and 2 toilets in corridor.
Hotel did leave us with a 'run down impression'. On a couple of occasions the toilets were out of toilet tissue. For some odd reason the room maids appeared to be doing their work in the late afternoon. This, I have never before experienced. Elevator appears to have been installed in the early 19th century. Hotel is directly next door to Honey Honey, a really good breakfast place (this is a big plus).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate your fair feedback about our hotel. It is an honor to know that you enjoyed our comfortable and clean bed, good location, TV, and other facilities. As it is our goal to meet the expectations of our valued customer and bring a comfortable and yet affordable stay, we will definitely take note of all your concerns regarding the toilet tissue, customer service of our staffs, and elevator. Rest assured that we will look into these matters. It is our passion to please you.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

So at 10 oclock at night I needed a cheap hotel in San Fran when I stumbled apon this place it was great I called in (keep to mind it was 10 at night) and was greeted graciously by the night watchman he told me he could reserve me a room for the night for a very cheap price when I arrived the generosity continued I was given advice on all the things around me and after I arrived to my room I was stunned to find it newly renovated with hard wood floors wifi and a new flat screen a queen bed mini fridge and a desk....the only problem was there was only one bathroom per floor which if u r a young single man this should have no effect on you...also if u are a young single man it's located right in the middle of a couple of nice clubs and also it's on the safer side of lower part of San Fran..over all very impressed

• Stayed: September 2013

We are grateful for that wonderfully fair review that you have given our hotel and as well as the effort to suggest for our improvements. We always want to achieve what is best for our customers so count on us that we will attend to your concern about our breakfast. All other comments, concerns, and suggestions are certainly useful for us. Thank you so much for choosing our hotel. We are looking forward for your next visit.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We got into town around 12:30am and didnt have reservations ANYWHERE. We stopped everywhere to get a room. No one would let me book a room because I didnt have cash on my debt card! I had a lot of cash on hand!! I was so tired having to drive around & no one would help. Going into "Post Hotel" the clerk alfonso helpped us out. He offered us a room WITH A RESTROOM! It was a great room n clean. Restroom was very clean. Got wonderful customer service n will stay again!!! THANK YOU ALFONSO AT POST HOTEL!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Pbanuelos

Thank you for sharing your great experience at our hotel. We highly appreciate the time and effort you exert to express your satisfaction to our customer service, cleanliness of our room, and restroom. It is our pleasure to meet and exceed your expectations. Rest assured that we will continue to provide quality customer service and great experience to all our valued customers. We will surely extend your gratefulness to our staff. We are excited to give our best to serve you again on your next stay.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I was nervous about this hotel I have to admit. I haven't been on a budget for a long time. As this trip is a personal extension of a business trip, I am sharing a room with a friend and on budget by staying in Post Hotel. I really believe you get what you pay for. We get 2 queen size beds which barely fit into the room - but am contented that for 60 USD per person, we do not need to share a king size bed. We can hardly open the bathroom door as one of the bed was blocking the way. A little of a squeeze, for 2 petite female travelers. The bathroom is of a decent size with a bath tub. The basin is located outside the bathroom. Our room is facing the main road with a pub across the road - you can hear conversations till 2 - 3 am in the night. If you are a light sleeper - I recommend other hotels. The room next to us is undergoing some sort of renovation. We were woken up by noise of renovation works at 9 am on Day 2 - I guess it helps us get over jet lag by forcing us to be up early. The hotel seems fairly clean. At a corner of the room, there was a pipe which looked torn in the middle that ran from the floor to the ceiling. I really do not know what the pipe is for as the torn parts seems to be mended by some tape or some sticky thing that is soft......Well, we are only here for 3 nights - so it's an alright stay all in all. Location is great though - 7 minutes to union square :) Very basic hotel - not sure if I would come back though - it feels clean but rather shabby at the same time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

We appreciate the fair feedback about our hotel. As it is our commitment to offer excellent service to all our customers, we always keep in mind every matter that concerns you. We apologize for the inconvenience at the time of your stay. Consider that all your concerns regarding the bed blocking the bathroom door, ambiance, the renovation, and pipe at the corner of the room will be noted respectively. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.