“delicious breakfast”

Ranked #488 of 5,801 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Not a typical restaurant - beware. Not good for kids. My husband and I stopped by after great reviews from TripAdvisor. Food was gourmet, interesting and tasty. Small little nook to eat in at a communal farm table. Excellent coffee as well. Don't expect a fine dining experience. It's more like a college hangout with great food.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Its a tiny place with not enough seating. I had to sit outside a few times. The menu is small but well edited, and the coffee is great. I had the house made yogurt with granola, I highly recommend it.

The staff is quiet and efficient. I'm from New England and now live in NYC so I don't expect the staff to chat up a storm with me.

For a breakfast place the cost is a little high, but the food and coffee is good quality, not greasy spoon diner. It has a Brooklyn vibe.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Clearly the people who give this tiny hole in a wall food service location a positive rating have been starved for a high quality dining experience. In fact, I refuse classify it as a restaurant. Generally, even if you go to a McDonalds restaurant you pay for 1) food 2) a clean dining area 3) some semblance of customer delight or at a bare bones minimum courteous service and 4) value for the level of quality of the food. This place lacked all of the above. The food was ok, I acknowledge that. However, once you suffer through the sheer rudeness of the staff coupled with the experience of dining at one of two tiny, dirty tables on the street where homeless vagrants accost you while you masticate your overly priced biscuit, you too will wish you ate at McDonalds. Oh! Did I say biscuit? I'm so sorry. Scone was the proper descriptor according to the cashier, who corrects the unknowing victim, or should I say customer, who makes the same apparantly egregious error I made. I must admit, we Neanderthal Chicagoans who lack all opportunities for culinary gastronomic experiences may very well have set a higher bar for service when we dish out $32 for a couple of coffees (one served in a paper cup the other in a coffee cup) and two biscuits. (note, that's sarcasm related to Chicago food opportunities) . At least at McDonalds, they will even sell you a plain biscuit! Here, we had to be told that that's not how they sell their biscuits. Save your $32 and your dignity and skip this overpriced San Francisco treat.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Delicious. Went back 2 days in a row. Loved the breakfast focacia with marscapone cheese and fruit ( called the daily bread). Coffee was delicious. We had the meatloaf one day and an egg biscuit the next. Food was tasty and fresh ...highly recommend

1  Thank Shellyanne61
Reviewed May 31, 2013

A tiny kitchen offers daily options - 2 or 3 breakfast options mean fast preparation and divine flavors from local sources. They even make their own almond milk. Yum.

1  Thank Ssaurage