“Brussels sprout chips are amazing!”
Review of Marlowe

Marlowe
Reserve with OpenTable
Marlowe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #191 of 5,922 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: 4th Street
Transit: The CalTrain station and its taxi line-up are directly across the street, as well as bus lines 45, 47 and 10.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Came here with a group of friends while in town for a couple nights. We were blown away by the absolute deliciousness of the brussels sprout chips. Seriously, I don't know how someone came up with the idea, or how they make them taste so amazing, but I could eat an entire bowl myself for lunch and be perfectly satisfied. OTHERWISE...the burrata appetizer was very good, and though I didn't try the prawns or the pistachios, everyone else thoroughly enjoyed those, as well. I had the Marlowe burger (sans bun), which was tasty, though I've had several other burgers in LA that are better, and the bottom of it was a little too charred for my liking. Dessert was to die for--the upside down strawberry crisp was inventive and each layer was perfectly proportioned. I would definitely go back here again next time I'm in town...

Reviewed December 13, 2012

This was one of the best meals I've had on a visit to San Francisco. The hostess brought us brussels sprouts chips to snack on while we waited for our table and we were astounded at how good they were. The meal that followed kept up that standard, with a marinated chicken that was the best ever and a spiced pumpkin soup that was sinfully good. The hostess is a gem and all the wait staff friendly and efficient. They will see me again and again!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Service and food both perfect. Holy bone marrow! OMG! Loved this place.
Loved the figs with thick bacon.
Wine was great.
No waiting with a reservation.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I work a block away from Marlowe and walk by it frequently. Having heard it was good, I perused the posted menu several times. Nothing exciting -- plain old boring comfort food.... and then I ate there. I was astounded. The most mundane dishes were really beyond my ability to describe them. The pork belly, easily the best I've ever had, literally melted in my mouth. The deviled eggs were NOTHING like those church potluck things I grew up with. The hamburger, another best, could turn a vegetarian. And speaking of vegetables, the Brussels sprouts chips are worth every calorie. Along with the friendly and flawless service, it was simply one of the best meals I've ever had. I can't stop thinking about it months later.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Kinda pricey but good. Try the 'Nueske’s Bacon & Bruléed Figs'. The bacon is thick cut and the fig match the savory with sweet.