“Ahhhmazing”
Review of Marlowe

Marlowe
Reserve with OpenTable
Marlowe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #191 of 5,922 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: 4th Street
Transit: The CalTrain station and its taxi line-up are directly across the street, as well as bus lines 45, 47 and 10.
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Service and food both perfect. Holy bone marrow! OMG! Loved this place.
Loved the figs with thick bacon.
Wine was great.
No waiting with a reservation.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I work a block away from Marlowe and walk by it frequently. Having heard it was good, I perused the posted menu several times. Nothing exciting -- plain old boring comfort food.... and then I ate there. I was astounded. The most mundane dishes were really beyond my ability to describe them. The pork belly, easily the best I've ever had, literally melted in my mouth. The deviled eggs were NOTHING like those church potluck things I grew up with. The hamburger, another best, could turn a vegetarian. And speaking of vegetables, the Brussels sprouts chips are worth every calorie. Along with the friendly and flawless service, it was simply one of the best meals I've ever had. I can't stop thinking about it months later.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Kinda pricey but good. Try the 'Nueske’s Bacon & Bruléed Figs'. The bacon is thick cut and the fig match the savory with sweet.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

First time here. Made reservations for two at 6 PM on a Thursday night. Had no problem finding parking. Of course, the Giants were not home. Made life easy when you don't have to drive around looking for a parking spot. This area of the City is bustling with excitement. My other half was running a little late but, the hostess was able to sit me down with no problem. What I liked about the atmosphere was you were able to talk to all the servers. You weren't stuck with just one. Everyone was very helpful and pleasant. While I waited I had a very good German Beer (Hopf). Twenty Five minutes later my guest arrived. Sine we were both new to the restaurant, we had the waitress pick her favorites. We were not let down at all. We had the Brussel Sprout Chips and the Steak TarTar as appetizers. Very good. The chips were almost like a starter salad. Didn't have to order a salad for dinner at all. We both decided on sharing our main course selection. We ordered the Marlowe Burger and the Pork Chop. To our surprise they split both for us with out asking. Very nice detail. Both were delicious. In fact, might of been too much. We were staring to get full but, we couldn't leave without dessert. So, we ordered the Strawberry Bourbon dessert. Total sugar high. Loved it. This is a restaurant that will be placed on our to go place, again and again.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I really wish I stumbled across Marlowe's on my first day in San Fran, b/c I would have been back many, many more times. Ate here for a late lunch before heading to SFO on 9/21. The restaurant was full at 1:30, but the hostess offered us a drink as we waited for a table to clear. Sat down and ordered the brussels chips, which were phenomenal; the right amount of meyer lemon and salt. We ate the entire bowl in 5 minutes.

I ordered the sweet corn soup - which was unbelievably good - everyone in the group tried it and loved the flavors. For an entree, ordered the crispy fried chicken sandwich, a great flavor combo with the aioli and the bacon. For sides, the table shared the mushrooms and the cauliflower, both were outstanding.