“So so first time visit..”
Review of Burger Bar - CLOSED

Burger Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Union Square
Description: Burger Bar is the ultimate build your own burger experience. Located on the 6th Floor of Macy's in Union Square, gives an exquisite view of the square. Burger Bar has a private dining room for any events.
Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

The service was slow and not attentive and the food was not as we ordered. Once we got the right food we did enjoy some of it. During this experience we did not hear any apologies. Unlikely we will visit such a place again, eventhough it's conveniently located...

Date of visit: August 2015

Reviewed July 23, 2016

great selection of burgers and milkshakes..... beautiful view of union square. Good service... fun experience

Review collected in partnership with ASUS 12 W8 IE Bookmark
1  Thank dianeperez66
Reviewed July 12, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I are spending 3 days in San Francisco and looked forward to experiencing Burger Bar in Union Square. We were surprisingly disappointed for the following reasons:

1 We sat at our table and waited over 22 minutes before a server came to our table. When another food server saw that my IPhone stopwatch was being used, our server suddenly appeared. He explained he was busy and also training someone. The restaurant was busy. However, sitting over 22 minutes without a single person coming to your table is not acceptable.

2. We both ordered the build your own burgers and we both wanted the sour dough burger buns, yet we were told by the server that they had run out. Now, this is only Tuesday and we are in San Francisco, the city famous for its sour dough bread and yet this place runs out!

3. We waited almost 1/2 hour for our burgers. We were told that the kitchen was slammed with orders.

4. When our food came, my burger was on my husband's plate with his side selection of poblano poppers and his hamburger was served on my plate with my onion rings.

5. The ciabatta buns we ended up ordering because they ran out of sour dough were stale and lacked any flavor.

6. The biggest concern. I ordered my hamburger medium and it came medium rare and the middle of patty was rare. I stopped eating the burger when I saw the middle was rare almost raw.

We decided to give this restaurant 1 star for the location and view.

We will not eat here again.

3  Thank Michelle A
Reviewed July 6, 2016 via mobile

We stumbled on this place by accident while at Union Square. Wow. Without doubt the best burger I've ever had! I went with the Kobe beef. Incredible! If I was ever back in San Francisco I would go out of my way to eat here again.

1  Thank Craigger79
Reviewed July 5, 2016 via mobile

Located on the sixth floor of the Macy's in union square is a place that is a must for tourist. The sign states that they only have three of these one being in SFO. The bar is kinda small but has a great view overlooking the square. Service is great and the prices are about what you would expect. I tried the hangover burger and it was great about $14 dollars and came with steak fry. They have other more expensive offers but I decided to take a chance with a cheaper burger but there was nothing cheap about it. Do yourself a favor and skip the Cheesecake Factory on the 7th floor and go to the Burger Bar.