“Delicious & Healthy Breakfast in downtown San Francisco”

Taylor Street Coffee Shop
Ranked #13 of 5,712 Restaurants in San Francisco
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Union Square
Description: The Taylor Street Coffee Shop is a long-standing favorite of San Francisco offering the city fresh, tasty coffee and delicious breakfast food. We love to serve a healthy breakfast with lots of fresh fruit, but also have items such as our breakfast pizza - hash browns under scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and more - that we know will satisfy. We keep the atmosphere casual and relaxed, the service friendly and fast, and the food hot and tasty. What more could you ask for?
Tallahassee, Florida
“Delicious & Healthy Breakfast in downtown San Francisco”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

During my recent trip to San Francisco, I needed a place to have breakfast since the hotel only had one small restaurant that was completely packed. In search of a healthy option, the concierge suggested the place right across the street. I wasn't sure about it at first, since I'm typically an oatmeal eater and not much of an eggs person, of which most of their menu features. But, I decided to be brave and ordered the vegetarian omelet made with egg whites. I was hooked! So much so that I had breakfast here every single day of my visit--4 days in a row! The portions are great, plenty of food to fuel you for your morning. I had fruit and wheat toast with the omelet. Because I come from a relatively inexpensive city, I found it to be a bit pricey, but well worth the cost. I imagine it is comparable to other places since nothing is cheap in SF! I did get my order to-go twice to avoid the lines and cut back on the expense. If you plan to dine-in, prepare for a wait. It's very tiny but popular.

• Visited April 2014
Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Taylor Street Coffee Shop, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Hi Mallory. We appreciate your spending four mornings in a row with us. We're happy to know you enjoyed your breakfasts so much and hope you will come back next time you are in San Francisco!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Surrey, UK
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I had the sides of eggs (scrambled) and the rye toast. Perfect size if, like me, you are sick of the gigantic US portion sizes. Get there before 9am on a Sunday before the queue is out of the door - still worth the wait though!

Thank you Vicki and Rich. We appreciate the kind words.
“Yummy”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Had a delicious breakfast-really enough food for 2 meals I had the California omelet, my friend opted for the pancackes. We both needed to walk off our breakfast! We were lucky this restaurant was just a few feet from our Hotel. Would go back again. Love any restaurant that is confident enough in their food sanitation to allow you to see into the kitchen while food is being prepared. Also saw a container of strawberries being brought from the back to the cooking area that were nearly the size of our midwest tomatoes this time of year. If you like breakfast this is the place!

Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Taylor Street Coffee Shop, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Hi Barb. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your meal. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
sacramento
“Yum”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Food is delicious and reasonably priced for a ridiculously expensive city. The line is scary when you walk in but it moves quickly. Definitely recommended for a nice brunch/breakfast.

Visited April 2014
Thank you for coming in, FSB. We appreciate your business and kind words in the review. We hope to see you next time you are in town.
“You won't be disappointed!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Very friendly service. The space is tiny but the seating flows pretty quickly. Fresh fruit bowl - excellent and true to its name (all fruit is very fresh and there is a great variety!). Millionaires bacon - SO good!! The food here is truly very good! We would come back here again in a heartbeat!

Thanks Narrucmot! We're happy to know you enjoyed your breakfast with us!