Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM

from $99.00
from $99.00
from $89.00
1,749 results
All reviews the golden gate bridge in great shape easy ride our tour guide fisherman's wharf great ride ferry tickets self guided highlight of our trip palace of fine arts sausalito helmets route bay sf gears tandem
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

I enjoyed this bike tour - the guide was knowledgeable and the route was great along the bay and over the bridge. The bikes are okay. I would consider upgrading to electric if you have low level fitness as it’s a fair way and there are some steep bits. The ferry ride back is a nice option as you go past Alcatraz on the way

Reviewed yesterday

Friendly, helpful staff; great service; wonderful experience and can’t wait to go back and do it again.Our only regret is that we didn’t hire the bikes for longer.

Reviewed 5 days ago

We made our resevation at our hotel concierge and the bike shop was just a two minute walk away. We hired a tandem which did prove a little difficult to ride (due to a lack of balance from my wife on the back), but all in all it was great fun.

After leaving our CC details with the Bike Rental company the friendly staff got us on our way. We rode our way along Fisherman's Wharf over the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito. The route isn't particulalry strenous, particulalry if you stop to take photo's along the way.
After lunching in Sausalito we decided to take the Ferry back to Fisheman's Wharf, taking the bike with us - this seemed to be what most people do!
It was just a short ride from the Ferry teminal at Pier 39 back to the bike hire shop to return the bike.
The friendly staff at the bike shop carried out a quick check on the bike upon its return which only took a few minutes.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

My 13 year old son and I rented a bike today, and bikes all over San Fran (the hills are a killer). We rode across the bridge and took the ferry back. What a cool experience. Great value from Bay City Bikes (rent online and you save money).

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Really helpful service from assistant Reid - he gave us lots of information and ensured we had everything we needed for a fun and safe day cycling the Golden Gate Bridge including good places to stop for refreshments. He also sold us tickets for the ferry back from Sausilito ... great service and would highly recommend.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Bike ride itself was great. Bikes can use some fine tuning though, check the air in the tires, clean and grease the chains, etc.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Alcatraz was sold out, so I had to buy a tour package to get tickets. I'm glad I did. The bike tour was fun.
I'll be honest, the tour is longer than expected. The guide provides wonderful stops and information along the way. The guide was entertaining, insightful, and pleasant.
However, once the tour hit the Golden Gate Bridge, the guide rode straight, and fast, to the other side without stopping.
I guess I expected a slower pace, to enjoy the scenery, and the bridge. Nope. The long line of the tour kept everyone moving and not stopping until we reached the other side.
I can't say I enjoyed the views on the bridge, because I was focused on keeping up ;).

Maybe there are rules about not stopping in the bike lanes. I don't know.
Be prepared to pedal.
It was fun. It was interesting, and all of us now laugh about the ride over the bridge.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We decided to hire electric bikes because my hubby’s back was playing up and we weren’t sure we’d cope with the SF hills. Bay City Bikes we’re reasonably priced, good quality bikes with good options for picking up and dropping off. It was a wise move as although we didn’t need the power most of the time it was good to have the backup for the steeper hills.

We cycled from Fisherman’s Wharf down to Golden Gate Park and then over the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito. An absolutely amazing day and got to see so much more of the city, the neighbourhoods, the sights and the iconic Golden Gate Bridge from a totally different perspective.

Excellent value for money and would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Had a fantastic time whilst I was there and then received a phone call 5 months afterwards implying that I had not returned the bike. Upset me completely. I completed the tour - which was great - and returned the bike on my own, but I was asked on the phone to go through who I had returned the bike to, the 'process' I followed and if I could remember who I spoke to 5 months after the tour. I will never recommend this company. No communication before this and clearly not clear systems in place leaving customers vulnerable to such unnerving and upsetting contact.Not even sure who has my details now and who has my number etc.

1  Thank Rachael W
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

this team re brilliant, easy to communicate with, the bikes were in great condition. I can recommend anyone to this company. so good and a fabulous day to ride as well which made it even better.