“Sunset sail”

1.5-hour San Francisco Bay Sailing Tour
$60.00*
Small-Group Golden Gate Bridge Sailing Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the best attraction in SF that you must experience. We offer daily 90 minute tours of the SF Bay or multi-hour private charters. Celebrate a special occasion or go sailing for fun. We sail all around the bay: Alcatraz Island, The Golden Gate Bride, Angel Island, Bay Bridge, Ball Park, Sausalito, Tiburon, City Front & More.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I booked this Sunset sailing for a party of 9 on May 7th. They served wine and beer. There were only 4 others that booked so the boat was not crowded at all. The weather was a bit chilly but they had blankets on board. We sailed toward the Golden Gate bridge. It was very windy so they sailed toward Sausalito to cut down on the wind and choppy water. We also sailed around Alcatraz. We saw a sea lion pop up a short distance from the boat in the bay. The crew was great! Very friendly. I would highly recommend the San Francisco Sailing Company.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

We had a perfect day for our sail. Capt Dave and 1st Mate Ricky went out of their way to insure our complete satisfaction on our April 8 trip, along with sailing expertise, both provided interesting information on the boat as well as San Francisco and the Bay. Sea lions even swam within a few feet of the boat.
It was quite cool and windy, but these elements are a part of sailing. This is not a pontoon cruise on a lake, it's San Francisco Bay !
I highly recommend San Francisco Sailing Co to anyone wishing to sail the Bay.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We decided to go sailing here based on our previous experience but it fell short of awesome. We didn't have captain Eric like we did last time but an actual crew of three dudes. The two mates were very friendly and agreeable but the captain didn't seem to understand customer service. Let me explain, there wasn't much wind, so the Captain didn't raise the sail. So we motored around the bay for 1.5 hours. While I understand why he didn't raise the sail I think some of the other folks may have wanted an explanation before people started asking why the sails haven't been hoisted up. The captain didn't seem like much of a talker or friendly for that matter. His pre-departure safety brief wasn't very professional. I'm not sure that this is being operated in the same manner it was last time I sailed with this company. Either way I'm pretty certain I'll try another operator in the area even if it costs a bit more.

1  Thank crzepilot
Reviewed September 7, 2013

They made sure everyone had a wonderful time. A great sail on the Bay. It was a perfect day that we joined them during the American Cup. Capt Michael and first mate and bartender made a great time for all. They raised the sails and off we went on a beautiful sunset sail.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Went sailing with this company on a Saturday afternoon with my husband. Thought it would be a nice way to tour the San Francisco harbour; especially as it was our first day in the city. It was nice to sail but there was no tour portion of the sail( no commentary). also just be aware it can be quite cold on the water even in the middle of summer. The captain was very good and experienced. Some of the other staff especially the ones organizing people for the sail were very rude to many customers and went on a rant about how stupid tourists were. They should be reminded that these tourists are their customers and should be treated with respect.
If you just love sailing; then I would recommend it but if you are looking for anything else; skip it.