“Day trip to beautiful Sonoma and Napa Valley's for Wine Tasting”

Golden Horizon Tours
Ranked #9 of 299 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the Premier Tour Company offering 5 star-reviewed private and small group custom tours in top of the line SUVs and luxury panoramic vans to a variety of new and popular destinations in the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond. At Golden Horizon Tours we specialize in expertly guided tours and exclusive adventures offering you the most extraordinary, rich travel experience possible. Our passionate tour guides will show you the best of San Francisco (with Alcatraz tour option), Muir Woods, Yosemite, Napa & Sonoma Wine Country, Monterey/Carmel, and we offer exclusive tours such as Napa Hot Air Balloon, Horse Riding, outdoor adventures, and Silicon Valley.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I spent a fantastic day with Jon (from NZ) wine tasting at four small and interesting vineyards. After picking us up at the hotel, we headed across the Golden Gate Bridge for the short drive to Sonoma. Jon introduced us to the owner of Homewood Vineyards as we tried some wonderful reds. The day only got better from there. Jon took us to a great bistro for lunch in Sonoma Square...the cheese tasting wasn't bad either. The afternoon was complete as we enjoyed wonderful cabs at two more Napa wineries. It was very enjoyable being driven around while we enjoyed many wonderful wines from smaller family wineries. Jon's local knowledge added to our enjoyment of the day. Definitely worth including in your trip to San Francisco.

1  Thank kermitvb
"yosemite national park"
in 16 reviews
"wine country"
in 24 reviews
"san francisco city tour"
in 10 reviews
"wonderful trip"
in 8 reviews
"the golden gate bridge"
in 36 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 7 reviews
"excellent tour"
in 15 reviews
"his knowledge"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I often go to San Francisco for business trips and have little time to relax and look around. While I have friends there already, not everyone can sync up at one time. I chose Golden Horizon because they gave a personal tour for a great price. Jan, my tour guide is easy-going and relaxed and we casually explored all the interesting sites San Francisco has to offer. I was particulalry interested in quirky/unusual off-the-tourist-map locations and there are plenty to see with lots of provenance. With Jan, it was like traveling around town with an old buddy, I felt like I had known her for years. We had a lovely lunch at the Cliff House and the whole day is one I will not forget. I will definitely do the wine tour next time I visit town.

2  Thank cityofdomes
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The representative John is more than helpful and very knowledgeable. He is understanding, patient and polite. My family love him, my wife and I, and my 2 elderly folks. This is very suitable for families, kids, elderly, couples and groups of friends. The tour can be personalized (more or less) if you have the right number to fill the SUV. The SUV is clean, comfortable and well maintained. We booked John for 2 days, a day tour of San Francisco and another day for Yosemite. Great experience!

3  Thank JamesOngSg
Expandy0urH0riz0ns, General Manager at Golden Horizon Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

We thank you very much for your review and feedback. As a small business, we are extremely grateful for your business and review.
Many thanks indeed.
Golden Horizon Tours LLC

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Four of us had a private tour of the city. Guide picked us up exactly on time, and was very friendly and accommodating to us, taking us on the usual touristy route but willing to vary it a bit as we asked. She negotiated Lombard Street and took all the hills easily. The stops, however, were a little long at times. I do NOT give a five-rating due to her political rants. They had no business being included in the tour we paid for, and distracted from the commentary about the city. We four enjoyed our time together but could have enjoyed it more with someone more professional.

6  Thank emgTX
Expandy0urH0riz0ns, Owner at Golden Horizon Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thanks so much for your review and we appreciate your feedback. We hope you will return to San Francisco and take another tour with us in the future, and we promise you there will be no reference to politics!