“Beautiful Theatre”

Ranked #192 of 550 things to do in San Francisco
Redding
“Beautiful Theatre”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was a beautiful venue. The seats we had in the orchestra section were close and comfortable and not crowded. The staff was helpful and pleasant.

Visited September 2013

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Great venue to see any artist”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I happened to come across some free Dropkick Murphy's tickets from a Friend of friend when I was visiting in April. A great old theatre repurposed for a music hall, big enough for some more well known bands but small enough to get up close and personal.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank robbiefitz
Colorado
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Don't pay extra for good seats”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We went to see the Dave Koz Christmas show at the Warfield Theater. We paid extra for seats in the front, middle section. It shows the seating chart on the Ticketmaster website, so I went ahead & paid extra for the seats. When we got there, the seats were as far as you could get to the right of the stage. Part of our view was blocked by a very large speaker.

When we asked the attendant about the seats, she said that "Ticketmaster had their own seating chart that is different from the venue". I was shocked. Our ticket #'s were "Orchestra Center, Row G, Seats 115 & 116". When I looked at the seat #'s in front of our chairs, it showed seat 109 in front of mine & seat 124 in front of my husbands.

One more thing... don't try to bring in your own bottled water, even if it is sealed. They won't allow any outside beverages.

Visited December 2012
11 Thank 1Kare1
Northern California
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Legendary SF venue”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

You gotta love the Warfield. I've seen a lot of shows here over the past 10 years. It's got general admission standing room on the first floor, with assigned seating upstairs. Vintage art deco type decor. Elaborate Murals, and relief sculpture adorn the walls and ceiling. It's fairy intimate if you have decent seats. The nose bleed seats upstairs are not that great, but you either have to choose when u buy your ticket if you want assigned seats upstairs or to ride out the possible 3-4 hrs. or concert on your feet downstairs. My feet were killing me after a few lengthy shows downstairs, but you can get up close to your favorite artists if you are willing to do so. There are some great talent that perform here and the shows are usually stellar and long, so I'm not complaining. You get your moneys worth.

It's bigger than the Fillmore, but still provides a small venue feel . The sound is usually good.

They changed management a few years back around 2008 and sadly I do think the staff and vibe there is not quite the same. Frankly, they are not as friendly as they used to be, and kinda out of touch. You can still see a good show there. It just seemed like the former management were more professional.

I saw Wavy Gravy in the hallway there in '07, walked up to him and said "hello'. He shot me a huge grin and said 'hi' back as he winked and twinkled. What else can You ask for?

Visited January 2012
2 Thank mojorayjones
San Jose, California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Best venue in San Francisco”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Its the best venue in San Francisco for me. Small, doesnt get too crowded, intimate, you get closer to the artist, very well located in the center of San Francisco, good for public transportation.

Visited April 2012