“Massive” 5 of 5 bubbles

Friday Night Bay Lights Sail
Ranked #45 of 528 things to do in San Francisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: One of the longest bridges in the world, this spectacular structure links downtown San Francisco with the city of Oakland.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Massive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

I've seen plenty of photos of this bridge but nothing can prepare you for just how massive it is. A truly incredible sight to see. We had a very pleasant walk along the Bay to the bottom of the bridge. Hardly anyone around there on what was a sunny & warm winters morning.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Another bridge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Never really heard of the bay bridge before but after leaving San Francisco on our way to Stockton, we headed out over this bridge, a double decker. Great views if your in a vehicle high enough to see over the wall.

Visited December 2013
Los Gatos, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Two great Bridges”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Be sure and drive across both ways. The new section is beautiful, you will have to pay to cross into S.F. but it is no charge towards Oakland. Try to do it when there is no fog, the view of the cities and the Golden Gate Bridge. The light show on the bridge is great if you don't get to go across it. The light show from any where on Embarcadaro. I would have gave it a five but the weather is hard to hit it when there is no fog.

Visited June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Heights”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

The bridge is a work of art. Take the time to walk across the span. Bring a jacket because there always seems to be wind and it gets a bit cool even on sunny days. I am scared of heights, so I was a bit nervous, but it was well worth it for the views. There are a lot of bikers and joggers, so be mindful of where you are at on the sidewalk to avoid a collision. Keep small children close by.

Visited May 2013
Brisbane, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Like and Old Friend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

A few years ago I had our US HQ in Berkeley and an office Downtown and would cross the Bay Bridge almost daily. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed my commute across the bay. On a recent visit I had need to travel across to Oakland and back. I really like driving across the Golden Gate too, but the Bay Bridge has this kind of blue-collar utilitarian reliability about it. Am I crazy having a sentimental attachment to a bridge? It feels like I revisited and old friend I hadn't seen or thought about for years and it was "Hey buddy, how you doing? Glad to see you back, you just let me know if there is anything I can do for you." I think I better talk to a shrink. :-)

Visited January 2013