“favorite place in hayes valley”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
M.A.C. (Modern Appealing Clothing)
San Francisco, California
“favorite place in hayes valley”
Reviewed August 10, 2008

the staff is nice. the clothes are exquisitely made.

san francisco
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best Fashion-forward salon in SF”
Reviewed January 3, 2007

MAC, run by siblings Ben and Chris Ospital, has been around for over 20 years, and has always carried the best new designers before anyone else. They're one of two boutiques in the US who carry Walter van Bierendonk, and one of 5 who carry Lanvin for men. From the quirky to the fantastic future classic, there's a range of styles available from Japanese industrial design collectives, Belgian individualists, and oh-so-expensive-but-I-want-it French luxury. Some of their lines are very reasonable, like Armand Basi suits, and some I only dream of owning (Lanvin); they have great socks and neckties. But even if I don't buy something, I love having a chat with Ben or Chris or Kelvin or any of the staff - they're really approachable and fun, and very knowledgeable about fashion, clothing construction, proper fit, and just about anything you might want to know about what covers your body. I always buy something though; I even bought my 83 year-old mother her new favorite jacket at MAC before xmas this year!

1 Thank vintagent