“More than a toy store!”
Review of Jeffrey's Toys - CLOSED

Jeffrey's Toys
More attraction details
Owner description: Shop for all sorts of children's toys at this downtown store.
“More than a toy store!”
Reviewed September 30, 2004

My first visit to Jeffrey's was a wonderful experience...so much so that I returned a few hours later and browsed some more. The store is located next to or near some wonderful art galleries. What makes this store such a find is that it does not just cater to a narrow genre of entertainment. There is a healthy blend of older, traditional games and activities right alongside more modern, popular types. This place also has an assortment of educational and science toys for the kids who like to learn while they play. Along one wall is a wonderful selection of comics of all types. I purchased some logic based learning toys on my first visit, but have a mental list of things for which I will return later. This store has a large assortment of quality toys, not plastic junk. As a legomaniac, I was happy to see a nice assortment of legos representing all age categories. There are even collector treasures secured in locked cases for the child who's earned that extra special present. Way to go Jeffrey's!

“Not Bad”
Reviewed December 17, 2003

I found the toy I wanted to buy and to my surprise, they do free gift-wrapping.

“Not a bad place”
Reviewed October 6, 2003

This place is not bad. Prices are high though. This is probably due to the fact they are a small store and dont get discounts like larger retailers. But even with high prices, they have figures that may be hard to get at other stores. I have bought a few figures from their store because they had them in stock despite being $3-5 more. But then again you save all the time and energy from looking around town for them. The people are very nice and courtious. I would check them out.
They did move around the corner from their old location. they are now on Market Street just around the block.