“Worst experience”
Review of Jeffrey's Toys - CLOSED

Jeffrey's Toys
More attraction details
Owner description: Shop for all sorts of children's toys at this downtown store.
Reviewed January 29, 2008

I took my son to this toy store back in Sept. '07. While walking to the back of the store where all the plush/infant toys are kept I noticed the *strong* smell of pot smoke (!!) drifting out of the "employees only" door. Yes, this is San Francisco and yes I am an adult but puh-leeze keep your drugs out of the toy store!!! I will never go back here and encourage all parents to do the same.

3  Thank aprilwhite

Reviewed June 9, 2007

I took my daughter to Jeffrey's today. After entering the store along the doll wall, I realized they were playing [---] rap music swear words and all. I went to the cashier and told them to change the music. They looked at me with total indifference. Finally they changed it to another rap station playing the same stuff. i don't mind rap but I don't think trashy gansta' rap is the write music for a kids toy store so they've just lost a customer.

2  Thank OaklandTouch123tre
San Francisco
Reviewed December 13, 2005

Jeffrey's Toys is one of the last remaining toy stores with colorful variety, helpful staff and some of the best toys in San Francisco. Unlike corporate toy stores that push four or five specific lines of toys, Jeffrey's showcases hundreds of toys, from figures, to collectables, plush to puppets, anime to educational to action figures. There is truly something for everyone. Toys hang from the celling, look out the windows, and crawl out of the isles. This is the perfect shop for stirring up old memories, or making new ones. Easily accessible by public transportation, Jeffrey's is next to several eateries and popular San Francisco attractions, making it the perfect destination for afternoon shopping in the heart of the financial district.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hayward, CA
Reviewed September 30, 2004

My first visit to Jeffrey's was a wonderful experience...so much so that I returned a few hours later and browsed some more. The store is located next to or near some wonderful art galleries. What makes this store such a find is that it does not just cater to a narrow genre of entertainment. There is a healthy blend of older, traditional games and activities right alongside more modern, popular types. This place also has an assortment of educational and science toys for the kids who like to learn while they play. Along one wall is a wonderful selection of comics of all types. I purchased some logic based learning toys on my first visit, but have a mental list of things for which I will return later. This store has a large assortment of quality toys, not plastic junk. As a legomaniac, I was happy to see a nice assortment of legos representing all age categories. There are even collector treasures secured in locked cases for the child who's earned that extra special present. Way to go Jeffrey's!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member