“Great little club.”

Great American Music Hall
Ranked #32 of 332 Nightlife in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the oldest and nicest clubs in the city, hosting a wide variety of musical acts.
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Nice intimate club. Sat upstairs and had dinner and had great seats to see the band. Excellent stage lighting.
Service was good but not excellent...took awhile to get food and drinks.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We went to the Rick Stevens (from Tower of Power) show and Rick and the other bands, Tribal Blues Band and Lydia Pense and Cold Blood, were all great! The place is so ornate and interesting and the people were nice. The dinner, I'm sorry to say, was not good. So I'd say eat before you go and just go early enough to get in line to make sure you can get seats and a table, and then sit back and enjoy the music and the people watching.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I was there last night and caught a great show with great people. The box office opened about 1 hour on a Saturday before the show. The show was sold out, but I was able to score a ticket from someone who had a extra. Sweet!

While standing in line to this general admission show, I made some friends who gave me the lay of the land inside the theater and invited me to sit with them. Yes, there is table and chair seating around the the balcony on the 2nd floor. The first floor is an long open rectangle from the entrance to the stage with a bar to the left. Food can be ordered and he beer, wine and drink selection is expansive and reasonable.

The 2nd floor has elevated seating in the very back with a few table and bar stools. This is the place to be for sure.

I highly recommend this venue if your favorite artist(s) is playing there.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Wow!! What a wonderful, beautiful venue! Could not be better! Ordered the dinner option which lands you a great location on the floor. Was right near the stage. The food was surprisingly very good!!! I was really impressed with the dinner -- salad, full dinner, and dessert. I didn't have room for dessert, but the rest was great. It's a very ornate, old beautiful building with a strong feeling of history throughout and, while grand, and with tall ceilings, it is very intimate. I would love to see another performance here. How often is it that you can have a nice dinner at a little bistro table with a lot of space around you in front of the stage?!! Next time I'm in SF, I'll look for a reason to return!! Awesome venue!!

1  Thank Parisio
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Loved the opera style fancy interior , even while they play a large variety of performers. Was fantastic.