“A must” 4 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Edinburgh Castle
Ranked #45 of 316 Nightlife in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: This bar attracts Scots and non-Scots alike who come for the beer, whiskey and fish and chips.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A must”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We nearly never went into the castle as it was quite expensive £16 each which is not cheap when there are a few of you. But we paid and am very glad we did it very interesting indeed worth the money and highly recommended. Just be aware young children will get bored

Visited April 2013

East Sussex
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Not worth the walk”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

Walked down here from union square as has heard good things about it. Bit nervous as not in nicest part of town but decided to go anyway. Went in, closest thing to a pub for a couple of homesick english pint drinkers. large dark place, guy at bar couldnt really be bothered to serve us and grunted the price and walked off. Shame cos i really wanted to like it, he only started talking when a fellow scot arrived, so we finished our pints and left

Visited November 2011
1 Thank SuitcaseStan
Tampa, Florida
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 211 helpful votes
“Great Beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2006

Walked in in the middle of a cussing contest! Hilarious! The place was packed. Crowd ages vary from 21 to 50. Great beer selection, heavy on imports from the UK, of course. 2 floors, stage. Had a good time!

5 Thank LiseKali
A TripAdvisor Member
“Still Going Strong”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2004

Like a good pub, the Castle is always alive and thus always changing.My first vist was 42 years ago and although Winston the parrot is no longer with us and the original publican Doug.Kirk has retired back to the Highlands; much remains familiar but ever changing. Most of the folk (bar fly-regulars w/ their own mugs) are also gone, but the new blood coming in from the neighbourhood- and from further afield make things lively and congenial.The fish & chips are good and after a few drams (the single malt selection is better now than before)you'll think your in the Royal mile just below the Castle for which the 950 Geary spot takes its name. It does not get much better than that!

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“Scot celebrated 25th Birthday at Edinburgh Castle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2003

When I visited the West Coast of America..I must admit I was a little homesick, especially as my birthday was looming ahead. My american friend suggested a birthday night at The Edinburgh Castle, this was a few years ago now, however, I remember it as a brilliant night. Turned out the bar tender came from my home town, which made it all the better. Great fish and chips, plus met some brilliant people - especially the guy who owns/owned 'departures from the past' on Fillmore. Got VERY drunk, lost my passport in a taxi etc etc...but it all turned out ok in the end! Major hangover next day and horrid train journey back to Sacramento, but a night I will always remember. As I remember it the malts were expensive, as everywhere in the world except from Scotland. I was really looking forward to a pint of cider, but the cider is just not the same in the states - shame really. I recommend a visit to this home from home pub for any scots travelling in San Francisco.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member