Tripadvisor

Order Online
OR
Order Online
Ranked #1,866 of 6,447 Restaurants in San Francisco
Description: This energetic, farmers-to-table restaurant serves up Neapolitan-inspired pizza complemented by a daily-changing roster of seasonal antipasti, piatti (small entrees), beer, wine and more. A family-owned business, Pizzeria Delfina is a neighborhood establishment through and through that continues to bring people together around fresh, handmade, delicious food in a warm casual atmosphere.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've eaten at Delfina several times and enjoyed it each time. I've liked their pasta and their chicken, but they truly excel at vegetables as well as pizza. I often order their specials because they're very creative and I know I won't see them the next time I visit. Delfina's vegetables are fantastic. In the spring they offered some wonderful fried fava beans in their shells. This visit I ordered some baby turnips in a creamy sauce. I also had a white pizza with hen of the woods mushrooms and escarole. Their wood-fired oven makes for a really delicious crust, especially at the edges.

The decor is bright and cheerful. There is a large mural that is eye-catching. They have outdoor seating with heaters that make it quite comfortable there. Delfina is definitely one of the better pizzerias in the city.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (16)

Reviewed December 3, 2019

Good mix of some Italian favorites, pizzas (fantastic crust) and good non-red sauce pizza options. Casual and easy for us to get a table.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed October 29, 2019 via mobile

I stopped by this place during a lunch break. It was a little less busy than some of the others place close by. Staff was very friendly and attentive. The food was devine. Perfect for a lunch stop. I would definitely visit here again. Its conveniently close to convention center and they were a lot more accommodating than the other restaurants.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 24, 2019 via mobile

We came on our first night in SF after checking in to the St Regis across the road.

After 9pm it was one of the few places in the area still serving food.

It was ok, by SF standards not expensive but rather canteen standards in terms of decor. The Salsiccia pizza we had was actually really good with a crispy base; the tuna salad was less so with probably canned tuna and butter beans.

The wine was for SF reasonably priced which also helped.

We were hungry and that night it did for us.

For a pizza, salad and bottle of wine before tip it came to $80.

There is a however much better to be had elsewhere.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 6, 2019 via mobile

Visited this place with my fiance on our last day in San Francisco. I understand it was quite late, well 8:30pm is late for San Fran as most of the restaurants are closing around 9pm, but the service was shocking!

Firstly the waitress was pretty much already home in her mind and had no idea how to describe or recommend anything from the menu,which was quite limited. They ran out of lasagna,one of two" pasta" dishes which she wasn't aware of anyway.

We went for pizza and simple mozzarella salad,which was far too plain to our standards and pizza came with 2 missing items out of 4/5.

We asked to speak to "manager" who was equally as inefficient and rude as the waitress. We ended up taking our recooked pizza back to our hotel as we didn't feel welcomed and the staff wanted to go home.
The " best " part was that we got charged for extra items which one of them was actually missing on the first pizza!!!

Visiting about 6-7 places/restaurants on our visit to this beautiful city this was the only one with very poor service.

Date of visit: September 2019