“Great Tour of San Francisco”

A Friend in Town Tours
Ranked #86 of 290 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy customized private tours of San Francisco (incl. places the big buses can't go), Napa& Sonoma wine country, Silicon Valley, Carmel, Big Sur. Unusual itineraries include: locales from Hitchcock's "Vertigo"; Russian River Wine Country; Filoli gardens. You can be picked up at your home, the airport, your hotel, even at your cruise ship dock--or dropped off there. We are especially accommodating to those with limited mobility, older folks, energetic children, foodies, photographers...and offer a warm dry alternative on rainy days. Come experience the off-the-beaten-path wineries where they'll treat you like VIPs, great gardens, legions of quaint Victorians, The Castro, hang-gliders, lighthouses, beautiful hidden vistas. Been here many times before? You still haven't seen all of our wonders.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Melbourne, Australia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Tour of San Francisco”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We only had a few days in San Francisco & our travel plans changed slightly which Jesse had no trouble altering. We spent a great day with Jesse touring San Francisco including going over the Golden Gate Bridge, spending time walking around Muir Woods, which was great, having lunch in Sausalito which is beautiful and listening to Jesse explain all the interesting facts about San Francisco as we drove around all day with lots of stops also. Would thoroughly recommend A Friend in Town tours as this way you see things that you would not normally see in a limited time. Great history and great place - hope to make it back one day. Thank you Jesse

1 Thank Michelle R

Ohio
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Professional and informative”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Jesse talked non-stop about San Francisco. So knowledgeable about the history of the city and about historic people as well. Great recommendations on eating and drinking establishments.
Highly recommended to get a first day run of the city to help determine what other things to see and do.

1 Thank Family_Traveler50
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“fantastic tour”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Jesse was so knowledgeable, had a great personality and really geared our tour to the interests of our family. He really loves his city, San Francisco. We saw a lot of the city in the time we had with him and learned so much about the history of the neighborhoods and city, the architecture, the culture, gardens, etc. We also toured Muir woods, Sausalito and the golden gate and he shared his vast knowledge about that area also. I would not go to San Fran without a tour with Jesse. My friend also took his whole day tour and felt like she saw every part of the city, Muir Woods, and Sausalito and highly recommended him to us. Worth every penny!

2 Thank r g
New York City, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A fun morning!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

My family and I came to san francisco over Memorial Day weekend. We only had 3 days to spend seeing the sights of the city. We thought it was best to arrange for a private tour so we could make the most of our time. We found Jesse on trip advisor. I liked Jesse immediately upon speaking to him on the phone. He was very friendly and accommodating. I told him I wanted to plan a tour of the city for my husband and and sons ages 6 and 9.

We basically left the tour up to him, however I did want to end in Sausalito. We really had a great day. He took us around china town and went to a fortune cookie factory, which was both interesting and yummy. We would never able to see that had we gone on a standard tour. To golden gate park, where we got out to go to a magnificent Japanese tea garden. Over and near the Golden Gate Bridge to take the most breathtaking pictures. To the pacific heights, and crooked street. Or as my son liked to call it the cricketest street. Going to the wealthiest part of town to see the magnificent views and celebrities homes. One of the highlights for my son was going to an area where George Lucas works. There was a Yoda fountain and the real costumes from Star Wars. It was such a great morning. The whole experience was peppered with fascinating facts. I found Jesse to be very knowledgable and his choice of sights were just perfect. We also saw a lot more and had the opportunity to get out and spend our time as we wanted too. In our case visiting the Japanese garden and taking lots of pictures.

I would definitely recommend a friend in town tours. Jesse will not disappoint.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Beth K
Erie, Pa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Can't Beat this”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I didn't think I could see much of San Francisco in under 4 hours. Boy was I mistaken. Jesse is a talking, driving encyclopedia of everything San Francisco. His was very interesting to listen to. My other friends and I felt it was the highlight of our week in the Bay area. We were staying in San Ramon and drove to a garage in town where Jesse picked us up. The van was comfortable for five adults and a 6 yr. old.. We needed air conditioning for a rare hot day in late April. If I ever go back again I would definitely hunt down Jesse for another tour. I guarrantee you won't be dissappointed.

Visited April 2013