“Incredible Museum!”

Buy Tickets Online
More Info
$25.00*
and up
The Walt Disney Family Museum Admission in San...
More Info
$55.00*
and up
San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge Evening Bike Tour
Ranked #15 of 564 things to do in San Francisco
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This museum was so much fun to visit! For anyone who is a Walt Disney fan it is an absolute must. (But it's not just for Disney fanatics!) Keep in mind the museum is not about Disney World, but about the man behind it. The exhibits walk you through the life of Walt from the time he was a child to the time he passed. They have done a fantastic job at making each exhibit interesting and unique and charming. There is so much history about Walt and how he made his dreams a reality. I spent at least 3 hours here and could have easily spent more time! There is a lot to read and see. There is also a theater at the museum and each month they show a Disney movie - if you choose to watch the movie it is included in the price of admission! Admission was $20. If you have the time, I would absolutely recommend a visit here.

2  Thank Samantha S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,339)

Reviewed March 6, 2014

It is a good way to spend a couple of hours. I am a Disney fan, so I loved seeing all of the different exhibits. My brother, who was not expecting to enjoy it, came out of it saying he was pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

It kindled some great memories from my childhood. How I enjoyed watching Mickey, Pluto, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs..! The birth of Mickey Mouse, Donald, Pluto.. It was nice to know.. The Museum is well maintained. They've made efforts to make the visit interesting. Cost $20. If you have a couple of hours to spare, you could try and make it here.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

With curiosity and great reviews, a visit was a must. It did not disappoint! Just make sure you find the Presidio Montgomery St. and not the Financial District Montgomery St.
The grounds of The Presidio are beautiful, easy parking (at least when we were there, a Monday afternoon), great views of the bay, kind staff and the museum is so classy!
I completely agree with reviewers, this is not going to please young children for long!
We enjoyed 3 hours of education of Walt as an infant and throughout his years, family, friends, businesses and associates. The opportunity to view numerous letters, telegrams, photos, memorabilia, a variety of accolades everywhere and well deserved, animation techniques and materials used. We very much enjoyed the audio and video of Walt sharing his experiences through the years. This is not just one video, rather in sections as you pass from one exhibit to the next. Try your luck at the synching game! Interactive synchronization of musical instruments to animation. Very fun!! Keep in mind this is not a museum on the amusement park Walt Disney, although a small exhibit addressing the park witha model layout is present.
It was a great day at Disney Family Museum. Many thanks to the Disney Family and contributors who made this treasure available.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This museum changed my perception of what a museum could be. It presented the life of a person in such an innovative way and was quite inspiring. The place isn't only for young children or Disney fanatics.

My partner and I were in this museum for about 3-4 hours, much more than we expected to spend, but we were just engrossed in the exhibits. It also has a cool animation room, fun for little kids .... and my girlfriend. It was actually really fun. We made a short film together and she taught me how to do stop motion animation.

If you don't have a car, there's also a nice free shuttle that drove out of the complex where the museum is housed and it drove around the city.