“Friendly, informative & excellent value tour”
Review of Green Dream Tours

Green Dream Tours
Ranked #11 of 140 Food & Drink in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: We specialize in Wine Country Tours, offering tours to the Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, and Alcatraz, seven days per week. Private wine country tours are available to Napa and Sonoma anytime for groups of any size. Other tours around the San Francisco Bay Area are available by request. Our Sonoma Valley Tour is the only tour that includes a complete picnic lunch. All of our tours include: all of your wine tasting fees free of charge, pickup and drop-off at your hotel, complimentary bottled water, a winery tour, and a photo stop at the Golden Gate Bridge! All public tours are given in brand new luxury mini-buses seating only 14 passengers, featuring comfortable seats with extra legroom, wide windows, and air-conditioning. Or, in a luxury van. Our professional guides will educate you, and go out of their way to make sure you are having a great time! We offer the highest quality tours with the best-value pricing in San Francisco. Our focus is on personal service, and great value!
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I spent a long time deciding which tour company to use when booking my Sonoma wine tour - I am very pleased that I chose Green Dream Tours. Our tour guide Elie was really professional and had lots of knowledge about the vineyards, the areas we passed on the way to and from San Francisco as well as the wine-making process, but he was also really friendly and took great pictures! There were only 15 of us on the tour (I think the max number is 16), which makes it a great way to get to know people en-route. Elie is also provided water, chewing gum and sun tan cream for us all, which was greatly appreciated.

One of the things that put me off other tours was the fact that you had pay wine-tasting fees for some vineyards and bring your own lunch; this was not the case with Green Dream Tours. The vineyards we went to were really good too and we left with a few purchases! We were also treated to an extra special gift from Elie because it was our honeymoon and everyone was given a CD with SF bands on it, which just typifies Elie's customer service.

I would definitely recommend Green Dream Tours.

Date of experience: May 2013
greendreamtours, Owner at Green Dream Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Hi Beckie! Thanks so much for your awesome review!!! Im so glad you had such a nice day! We look forward to having you back in SF very soon. Best, Elie

Write a ReviewReviews (1,755)
All reviews
in 47 reviews
"visited wineries"
in 35 reviews

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I recently took a Sonoma tour with Green Dream Tours. We had a fantastic time - a small group, delicious wine at family-run wineries, excellent facts about the area, the wineries and wine in general. Kudos to Erin and Adam for all they did to make our trip the success it was!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

During my San Francisco vacation, I desperately wanted to go on a wine tour. However, there were so many different wine tours with different companies being offerred; needless to say, I didn't have the slightest idea on which one to choose. Thankfully, the concierge at the hotel I was staying at recommended Green Dream Tours!! This was such a fantastic experience & Erin, our tour guide, was absolutely fabulous!! I would highly recommend using Green Dream Tours if you want an enjoyable & fun wine tour!! Erin, you rock!!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Grean Dream tours does an excellent job! Took us to three outstanding tastings, and had fun the whole way. We loved the small group and the knowledge of the area by the tour guides. This is a great way to see Sonoma wine courntry!

Date of experience: June 2013
See more reviews
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We decided to do a wine tour of Napa while on a visit to San Francisco and had done our research, which rated Green Dream very highly. We booked on short notice (a day in advance, which they handled well), and we were not disappointed.

The little bus was just the right size to keep the tour intimate, much better than a big bus tour. Our guide Erin was fun and regaled us with stories of the early days of US history in the area on the way to our first winery, Hagafen Wines. With many gold medals, Hagafen presented the best wines of the day, and their vintner explained the intricacies of small winery production. The cost of samplings at each winery was included in the tour price, which is not the case for other tours.

Our lunch stop was at the Oxbow Public Market in downtown Napa, a market-style collection of shops including five or six really interesting restaurants where we could buy lunch and sit on the patio outside to eat. We had open faced tacos from C-Casa Kitchen, which were really different. There was also a good Italian restaurant and a Hog Island Oyster Company, as well as cheese and chocolate shops and an ice cream spot for dessert.

Our afternoon began with the Luna winery, where we sat outside and the vintner brought us a series of really different offerings of the Italian style. These were quite a contrast to the more familiar traditional French / California style of Hagafen, and the fresh wines were very refreshing on the warm day.

The final winery of the day, whose name I forget, featured a real character of a presenter who had many stories about the wines and the area. She led us through a testing of different wines with strong advice about how to taste them and what to put with them, including lessons on the relation between tannin in the red wines and salt in the food. A very entertaining presentation of a number of really good wines.

The trip back to San Francisco was quiet, and while the traffic was bad that day, the views from the Golden Gate coming back made a nice end to a great day. I'd recommend this tour to everyone I know.