“The Real Deal”

Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Bush
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Cautiously optimistic about another Moroccan place here in the US - I took a chance - and what a find! Having been to Morocco many times, I was delighted to discover this tiny little gem near my hotel. The food has not been diluted to 'American' tastes and boasts an incredible authentic menu - right down to the mind tea (a fav of mine).
Explore the menu - dive in and try it all - thank me later. It's all good!!

There are newer reviews for Aicha Morrocan Cuisine

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Wanted to eat near Regency so we could walk to our concert. Loved the lamb tagines, bastilla and mint tea.....hubby had the fish special, which was great! The owner was so cute- kept coming over to ask how we liked the fish tagine and looked so happy when we raved about it! Also loved that we could just byob and they gladly opened our Zin. We will be back!

Thank W.O.F.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Coming to SF from LA, you know that the food will be good, but that you also are travelling from somewhere with good food too (Read: high standards), so when we set out at 9:00 on a Saturday looking for something good and local in the Nob Hill Area (Read: not that nice of a neighborhood), we didnt know what we might find. We came across Aicha and after the smell grabbed our attention, the prices got us in the door. The waitress recommended a Bastilla appetizer, which I hadn't ever heard of before and when she set a giant pie dusted with sugar and cinnamon I was very dubious...until I tasted it. OH YUM. It was so UNIQUE, and savory and the filling was just the perfect proportion to the crust...just, yes. We got kebobs and shared, one chicken and one steak, which both came with couscous and a salad. The hot tea was served with flair by a gentleman (the owner?), I was never left to see the bottom of my water glass thanks to the excellent service, and our food came fast (and we ate EVERYTHING). My boyfriends sister lives in this area and I have already made her promise me that she will try it too and take her friends. My only gripe is that I wish their menu was a little more extensive, but that's a pretty great problem for a restaurant to have.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We visited last night as a family of four and enjoyed what we felt was the best restaurant meal on our 3 week US holiday. When we arrived, most of the tables were occupied by a variety of diners - but there's quite a relaxed feel to the place.

Aicha serves authentic & tasty Moroccan food that's reasonably priced. The restaurant is fairly small and cozy and nicely decorated - pictures of Essaouria and other Moroccan references. Service was very good. Recommend both versions of the lamb tagine (think slow-cooked lamb shank), Bastilla and desserts including baklava (sweet pastries found throughout Greece, Turkey, mid-East & North Africa) and Moroccan mint tea served with a flourish to accompany the food. May well be back again tonight...

No beer/wine but understand you can byob - others did.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I haven't eaten Moroccan food before, but it has quickly become a favorite! Cozy intimate interior. The owner greeted everyone at the door, very pleasant. Delightful, aromatic food. I highly recommend my entire meal: Mint Tea; Chicken Bastilla appetizer; and Tagine Lamb with prunes & almonds (meat fell off the bone - so tender). I will definitely be returning!