“Very Enjoyable Experience”

Nopalito
Ranked #188 of 5,866 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A vibrant neighborhood Mexican kitchen celebrating the traditional cookery of Mexico and utilizing our philosophy of purchasing local, organic and sustainable ingredients.
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I had a nice, long, late lunch at Nopalito after flying in from the east coast, having been convinced to try it by a friend even though I usually don't prefer Mexican food. I have an aversion to cilantro, which was in the ceviche I was interested in, and when I mentioned this to the server she brought me a sample to try before ordering. The cilantro wasn't overpowering so I ordered it, and thoroughly enjoyed every bite, along with the excellent chips it was served with. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I am reviewing the 9th street location, near Golden Gate park (bathrooms are inside the restaurant). A friend and I decided to spend an entire day on foot in and round Golden Gate Park. We did a brisk walk through the park for about 2.5 hours then headed outside the park to find lunch. The appealing green and cactus clad facade of Nopalito caught my eye. The restaurant was full on a cold and foggy friday, always a good sign! We were seated right away and our waitress had some wonderful recommendations. The empanadas were a stand out as well as the soup. We are from LA and always searching for truly authentic Mexican food. The food is so fresh, perfectly seasoned, just the right amount of heat, and interesting. The brussel sprout quesadilla was an odd combo. while I appreciate the creative effort, I would not order. Everything else was incredible. Best part of the experience- tequila tasting. And so welcome after a long walk. Our waitress was very knowledgeable about the different categories and we were able to order shot size tasters of various tequilas. They also give you a shot size palette cleanser that you sip in between the tasting. This in and of itself was delicious. All in all, a must try. Just an FYI, in case you want to make a day of it, we then headed on foot over to the DeYoung museum. My friend and I agreed that it was the perfect San Fran. day!

1  Thank allisonsavvytraveler
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Really enjoyed our meal. Delicious fresh salad, great location close to Golden Gate Park, good price.

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Went here on the recommendation of a friend; it was fantastic. The atmosphere was lively, staff friendly and attentive and the food very tasty and great value for money. I got 2 of the smaller dishes (which were actually quite large) and a sangria all for less than $25. Would definitily go back and pass on thr recommendation.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The food here is wonderful and I cant not stop thinking about it. great service too. The bathroom is the only strange part as you have to go outside and then into the take out window. other than that it is worth every penny.