“It's a Most”
Review of Flour + Water

Flour + Water
Reserve with OpenTable
Flour + Water is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #281 of 5,776 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Mission District
Cross street: 20th Street
Description: Fresh house-made pasta, wood-fired pizza, house-cured meats. It’s all about simple and authentic Italian food rooted in the south, executed with skill, expertise and old world standards of care. The defining goal of the restaurant for its ambiance and style of service is to make everyone feel welcome. "We feel very strongly about creating a ‘come as you are’ atmosphere in the restaurant."
Reviewed July 7, 2014

First, thank you Thomas (chef) for every little attention on us ! We have been to central kitchen the first night then reserve at flour and water second night !! definitly a great combination of restaurants ! CHEF THOMAS choose everything for us except the wine ! More than a perfect night! Ambiance was great and friendly service with great attention ! GO GO GO enjoy this amazing restaurant !

There are newer reviews for Flour + Water

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I got a reservation for late night on a Thursday with no problem. The restaurant is very small and there are not many places to stand around and wait, so I would recommend a getting a reservation. The bartender knows their wine list very well and picked the perfect wine all night. I'm not normally a Rose fan, but drank it happily all night.

The appetizers and pastas are incredible and the servers give really good guidance about why something is good. Service is excellent.

The only thing we did not enjoy was the pizza. We had a squash and ricotta pizza that was ok. The crust was a little soggy. If everything else wouldn't have been so incredible, we probably wouldn't have noticed. I would stick more to the pastas.

Housemade sorbets were great, too.

Highly recommend.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

This was some of the best pasta and pizza I have ever had!! My daughter and I could not get reservations for the day we wanted. We had just learned about this restaurant and we were visiting San Francisco for a few days. We decided to 'walk-in', as was suggested on their website. We arrived around 5:00 pm and there was already a small line at the door. When the door opened at 5:30 we were able to get seats at the community table!! So excited! I absolutely recommend the restaurant! Fresh, homemade pizza and best. Delicious!

Reviewed May 6, 2014

This place is amazing! Make sure to make reservations if you are a party bigger than 2. I usually go with my wife and put my name down then I go to Trick Dog down the street for some drinks until they send us a text and we go back. The pizza is delicious thin crust heaven. Pasta is also excellent. Don't forget to have some wine as they have some incredible ones. If in doubt of what wine you want to get tell your server and he/she will give you a taste of the ones that caught your attention. Hope this helps!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

My wife and I went here based on the incredible reviews and hype. The place was packed but the service was quick and attentive. We were sat at the bar (though they asked if this was OK) and were able to enjoy the surroundings. The menus had a decent selection of food and some great local beers - well worth trying. The main criticism I have of the place is not the food, which was frankly pretty good - but with the atmosphere. First off, its so dark. I mean, I literally couldn't read my menu, on one hand you could argue this 'could' be quite romantic; the Italian cuisine, the dim lighting and all...but the music was also extremely loud, meaning people talk louder and given how close everyone is seated this makes conversation quite challenging - even when you're at the bar sitting immediately across from some one. It's reasonably priced and the food genuinely is good, but for me it was too dark and too loud. Or perhaps I'm just getting old...?

1  Thank Tiernanwelch