“Great food and service”

Transit: F Market MUNI Embarcadero BART
Oakland, California
“Great food and service”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I've been here twice (brunch and lunch) and both times had excellent experiences. The first time was for brunch -- I had the Plant Burger, my wife had the Breakfast Bowl (which she loved, and she's not a breakfast person), and we split the Roasted Potatoes (see accompanying photos). Though I'm not a huge beet person, the burger was good and beet lovers will find it amazing. The service on this visit was EXCEPTIONAL -- very attentive. Our second visit was for lunch, and we found the food to be just as amazing as the first time. The BBQ Tempeh Panini was nice and gooey, and her Avocado and Grapefruit Salad was light but filling. We love this place, and will definitely be going back (and will be bringing out-of-town visitors)!

• Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Vegan burgers, good spices, lots of organics”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had a delightful dinner here: Wasabi veggie burgers and more. The menu is diverse, interesting, and occasionally challenging if you're not familiar with the ingredients. Everything is served cheerfully, and the atmosphere is "happening." A terrific place on the Embarcadero.

• Visited December 2013
Albany, Oregon
“Unique and delicious”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The menu was fun to read! So many interesting choices. I had the chicken/mango panini. It was good. The staff was super friendly and the location on the bay is great!

• Visited November 2013
“Wonderful dinner”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

My co-workers and I ate here while at a conference. We each have dietary needs/preferences and this place accommodated all of us. Dessert was great. The service was wonderful. Dining on the deck wad a treat.

Selinsgrove
“Outstanding in every way”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This review is long overdue. My wife and I dined here on our last evening in San Francisco in mid September. We had enjoyed four fabulous days in the city (our first visit). Choosing the Plant Cafe was a wonderful choice for our final meal. The food is excellent, the service on a busy Friday evening was also exceptional and we just loved the feel of such a warm, inviting spot to spend our last few hours in the city. Unfortunately, when we left, I forgot to take my sunglasses with me, leaving them on the table. I did not discover my loss until a couple of days later in Portland. When we returned to our home in Pennsylvania I called the Plant Cafe. They confirmed that they had my sunglasses, sent them to me promptly AND refused to accept any repayment for the cost of shipping them to me Priority Mail. My appreciation for their kindness is great. This week my wife and I will be making a contribution to Doctors Without Borders in their name which will designated to be used for relief of cyclone victims in the Philippines.

• Visited September 2013