“Fabulous food with a view to match”

The Plant Cafe Organic
Ranked #324 of 5,642 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: The Embarcadero
Cross street: Between Washington and Broadway
Transit: F Market MUNI Embarcadero BART
San Francisco, California
“Fabulous food with a view to match”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

As a vegetarian I love it but even those carnivores will be happy. I had an amazing salad – grilled asparagus – yummy. The BBQ tempeh was fabulous. If you can get on the deck (in warmish weather) it is great – they do have deck heaters for those colder days/nights. Wonderful service staff. And of course the view – the bay, the bridge. Can’t beat that!

• Korean first
Long Beach, CA
“Fresh and flavorful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stopped at The Plant Cafe Organic by chance while wandering San Francisco's waterfront after my S.O. ran the half marathon earlier in the day. It was early evening, around 5:15 or so, and we stopped because (a) S.O. is a vegetarian, and stops at ANYplace with the words "plant", "organic", or "vegetarian". We hesitated to sit, because it was nearly dinnertime, and the place was nearly empty. Then we remembered it was SUNDAY night, not Saturday, which then made perfect sense. In fact, we were excited to be able to dine in a nice restaurant without the usual weekend chaos alll around us.

We started with wine. I ordered a nice Rutherford Chardonnay, and S.O. selected a French Rose'. Our dinner choices were delectable too: I had the Roasted Beet Salad, and S.O. had the Housemade Veggie Burger. Indeed, both were spectacular and paired quite nicely with the wines we'd chosen, too!

Service was excellent - our waiter was attentive and prompt in getting plates out, and also in checking back with us a few times during our meal to ensure everything was up to snuff and meeting our expectations (it definitely was). The only thing that put a bit of a damper on the experience was the family with two unruly kids who (by chance) happened to be seated next to us. Apparently, the parents were more interested in negotiating with their kids, instead of just putting their parental feet down and MAKING them behave. Anyway, we muddled through it, and in the end, we decided that it was one of the highlights of our San Francisco weekend - and that we'd certainly return to dine again during our next foray to SFO.

Enjoy!

Dallas, Texas
“A healthy lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We ate at The Plant while on 'The Real SF Tour'. We tried to go later to let the lunch rush die down but it was still very busy at 1:30. Luckily all 10 of us were able to split up & find a place to sit.
My husband I shared two sandwiches (with side salads) & shared them. We got one Roasted Chicken & Avocado & one Tuscan Chicken Panini. I liked the roasted chicken more but my husband like the panini more, so I guess you can't go wrong with either.
I really wanted a diet coke with lunch, mmmm carbonation....but they don't serve cokes. We settled on tea which was just ok.
We saw 'The Plant' again at SFO on our way home but didn't eat there a second time.

Phoenix, Arizona
“I'm infatuated”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I could hardly decide what to eat as everything looked amazing. I ordered the veggie burger which was one of the best I've had. Service was attentive without being rushed. The location right on the water was nice. I can't wait to get back to SF and to The Plant.

Visited May 2013
Memphis, TN
“Something different than the usual fare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Some curious choices, Zevia sodas? But overall, fantastic for what we had, the Shrimp with Sauteed Vegetables with Quinoa and Miso-Ginger, which was welcome change after several nights of the more standard seafood fare.

Our daughter had one of the pizzas, and even that was delicious. One of the best meals we had on our vacation.

• Visited May 2013