“Excellent High End Steakhouse ”
Review of Harris' Steakhouse

Harris' Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Harris' Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 5,695 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Pacific
Lexington, Massachusetts
“Excellent High End Steakhouse ”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

As noted by other Trip Advisor reviewers, Harris lives up to expectations. The steaks, particularly "49er cut" NY strip steak was cooked perfectly to order. The prices are high but worth it. At least the steaks come with a potato and veg. The service was also excellent. We will return on our next trip to SF.

• Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
“Exceptional service, Amazing food”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were in San Francisco celebrating our honeymoon and being both steak lovers, we had to find the BEST steakhouse. After reading reviews from Trip Advisor, we opted for Harris’… This was the best decision we made. From the moment we walked in, we knew we would have an amazing time. We were immediately greeted and our coats were taken. Since we were a bit early, we headed to the bar. Bartender was very friendly and courteous. I ordered a Cosmo and honestly, one of the best I have ever had. Loved the way they presented the drink (see picture). Short after, our table was ready. Our server came to the bar, took our drinks and escorted us to table. I wish I remembered his name has we was extremely attentive, polite, knowledgeable and funny.
As for the food it was DEVINE! The bread and dip they give you is sublime… I couldn’t stop eating it… I opted for the petite filet mignon with baked potato and my husband the Harris Steak also with baked potato.
They have a great wine list. Lots of choices and our waiter knew exactly what would work with our meal.
We were so full at the end of our meal that we opted for no dessert BUT to our surprise, our wonderful waiter brought us a complimentary dessert to celebrate our special occasion. A small touch but it made a HUGE difference…
We both said it had to be one of the best restaurant experiences we’ve ever had.
For the quality of food and service you get, the price is extremely reasonable.
Would go back in a heartbeat… Too bad I live 3 times zone away ;)

• Visited September 2013
San Lorenzo
“Best steakhouse”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

No detail is left unattended at this beautiful restaurant. If the gorgeous rooms are not enough, the steak is the best I've ever had. I've eaten at a lot of steakhouses and Harris' continues to be the benchmark that all others are judged by.

• Visited September 2013
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
“Excellent steak!!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

This steakhouse was absolutely amazing! The atmosphere was wonderful and the service was fantastic. Not to mention how great the food was.

• Visited October 2013
Warsaw
“Tasty steaks in upscale atmosphere. ”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Harris is well established restaurant with well earned reputation! They serve very good steaks (my favorite rib eye and 49er), have wide selection of wines I price range 40-80$ and delicious crime brulee. I would not feel there comfortably without a shirt, but the food is worth it.

Good food, dim lights, old fashioned furniture and fast but kind service make this place a worth going one at Frisco map.