“Fantastic Tours” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
The Ultimate Wine Experience Day Trip to Napa and Sonoma
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tower Tours is your #1 Choice for Sightseeing in and around San Francisco! Choose from the Grand City Tour, Muir Woods Tour, Wine Country Tour, Monterey & Carmel Tour, Twilight Tour, Yosemite Tour and more! Tower Tours also offers tour packages to include Alcatraz, Golden Gate Bay Cruise, Aquarium of the Bay at Pier 39, and the Exploratorium. Come by and book a tour today!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Waterford, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic Tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Took City and Carmel Tours. Both were great! George was our guide for each trip. He was absolutely wonderful. Extremely informative and a pleasure to listen to because of his wonderful language skills. I hope to return to San Francisco so that I can take more tours. We would highly recommend George and Tower Tours to any visitors.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Linda1213425

Chicago, Illinois
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Good Intro to the City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

This was about a 3 hour bus tour of San Francisco and included many of the well known spots like Chinatown, the Fisherman's Wharf area, Twin Peaks viewpoint of the city, and of course, the Golden Gate Bridge. I would have liked to make more stops such as brief walks thru Chinatown, Haight-Ashbury, Fisherman's Wharf, etc., but that would extend the length of the tour by 2 or 3 more hours. We did make a brief photo stop at the Japanese Gardens in Golden Gate Park and at the Twin Peaks Overlook.

The highlight of the trip, which is saved for last, is about a 40 minute stop at the Golden Gate Bridge. The weather was gorgeous, which was a big plus, and we had time to walk partway out on the bridge, take many pictures, visit the souvenir store, etc. Heavy traffic and finding parking at the bridge is gruesome at best. This was one of the reasons we opted to go on the tour. It's so nice to have the bus pull up and let you out right there without fighting traffic. The price of the tour is worth that alone. I'm used to driving in Chicago---let me tell you, it's a piece of cake compared to San Francisco traffic.

I would be remiss if I didn't give mucho kudos to our driver, John. He's about 50 with a white ponytail and was wearing an Oakland A's hat that day. If there's any way to find out if he's leading a tour, this is the guy you want to go with. He had absolute nerves of steel driving thru the crowded streets, and his knowledge of the city was amazing. In addition, he is one of the funniest guys I've ever met, reminiscent of George Carlin in his hey day. There was never a dull moment on his tour. He also threw in a song from time to time, and I have to admit, he's really a good singer.

With John as tour guide, I would gladly take this tour again. We highly recommend this trip. You can't beat it, especially if you find city driving intimidating.

Visited October 2013
Gold Coast
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“wonderful tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I picked Tower tours company for my five tours. I loved these drivers, each one had his own personality. There was Larry on the city tour, he gave me an in depth information of this lovely city. Then George, he took me on the trip to the Yosemite area, pity the waterfalls were dry.Jon, we went to Monterey and Carmel, beautiful scenery along the ocean side. And of course Bill , we went to Napa valley for wine tasting, all of us had a very merry time (not Bill of course) he just had a good time. And there was another Bill, he took me to see the beautiful Muir Woods, with the wonderful smell of those forest trees. If I ever return to San Francisco, I will book my tours with them again.

Dry Ridge, Kentucky
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Nice, but long”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

We took a bus tour down the coast to Carmel by the sea. We did know that it would be 11 hours but it seemed longer. The couple of stops that were for 1 1/2 hours long seemed to drag on . Driver was very knowledgeable but was extremely talkative. A lot of trivia stuff we didn't need to hear. Bus could have been more comfortable too. The chairs need arm rests bad. Only armrest on the aisle side of inside seat. I will keep this in mind for any future bus tours. Maybe the tour seemed long because of the fact the seats weren't so comfortable.

2 Thank bigjake392
Northern Ireland
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Twilight Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I took the twilight tour on the 15th Sept and enjoyed every minute of it. The guide was excellent (sorry cannot remember his name). We got a chance to walk part of the Golden Gate Bridge and got some photos as the sun started to go down. The highlight of the tour was seeing the Bay Bridge light up and the San Francisco skyline at night from Treasure Island. Highly recommend this tour!