“Slow start to a very good day”

Tower Tours - San Francisco Sightseeing Specialist
The Ultimate Wine Experience Day Trip to Napa and Sonoma
Ranked #22 of 111 Food & Drink in San Francisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tower Tours is your #1 Choice for Sightseeing in and around San Francisco! Choose from the Grand City Tour, Muir Woods Tour, Wine Country Tour, Monterey & Carmel Tour, Twilight Tour, Yosemite Tour and more! Tower Tours also offers tour packages to include Alcatraz, Golden Gate Bay Cruise, Aquarium of the Bay at Pier 39, and the Exploratorium. Come by and book a tour today!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I booked a 1 day tour to Yosemite for me and my family while in SF. We were told to be at the office at 7:40am and we would be leaving by 8:00 am. Well 8:00 am came a went and there was no bus in sight. A bit troublesome because no announcement was made about the delay and when I asked the front desk when we would be leaving, the person just said "soon". Supposedly there was traffic where the bus and driver was coming from. I just figured why didn't they leave earlier. Of course there would be traffic in a city during the week at 7:30 am. It's called "rush hour". They should know this since this is their business, right? I was a bit concerned because it was only a 1 day trip. Would my trip be cut short? I was told by the front desk that the full tour would still go on. OK, that made me feel better. However, when the bus showed up at about 8:25 am the driver/tour guide told us there was only a certain number of hours that drivers could be driving according to some regulation. Anyhow, overall our tour guide/driver provided us with a very nice trip. He was very knowledgeable. I forgot his name but he was from Arizona. He grew up in Oakland. Told us he had been going to Yosemite for the past 19 years with his motorcycle buddies. My family and I had never been to Yosemite. It was breathtaking. The beauty truly could not be captured in photos. Initially I thought I would never want to be there for more than a day trip, being a city person. My family was wondering how they could make the bus drive somehow shorter. It is approx 4 hrs each way. But the drive was wonderful. Seeing the San Joaquin valley was an experience. We would never have seen it otherwise. We all loved it, embraced it. Once we arrived at Yosemite we wished we were staying at least overnight. The smell of pine and wood was simply delicious. We definitely will go back and stay a bit longer. It turned out to be a very good day.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I came back yesterday from San Francisco and I want to thank Tower Tours for thr great job done. I booked 3 tours with them and I'm highly satisfied. The guides Bill, Charlie, George and Larry did a very good job. They are highly professional and I had fun with them. The tours I booked were 1 day to Yosemite park which is an amazing experience, the combo Muir Wood and Sausalito + Twilight tour which allow you to experience in 1 day the Wood of sequoias and the town at twilight, the combo Grand city tour + Alcatraz which is an experience to do especially Alcatraz highly touching. For all people who want to have an idea of San Fracisco, I suggest to use Tower Tours as tour operator.

1  Thank RoxyG1
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was one of the worsed guided trip ever. The drivers humor was terrible, and the accent was strong, you could not understand what he said sometimes. He also reversed the bus and hit a car, but just drove of, i know when you hit something, i am a driver myself.

He also said all the time it was Thursday, but it was Friday.

Sometimes he was irritated of the other drivers and pidestriant, and while he had the microfon on he said many stupid things.

He pretended to care about us customers but it was a really sad tour! Would never ever recomend this company for any tours!

1  Thank Paul S
TowerTours, Manager at Tower Tours - San Francisco Sightseeing Specialist, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Paul S,
We apologize that your tour experience was less than satisfactory. Your tour guide has been working in this industry for over 15 years, and I'm surprised to learn he was boring and uncaring. I will make sure to address your feedback with his direct supervisors to make any necessary improvements for our future guests. Hitting a car and being unaware of it is also uncharacteristic of this guide, so we will take this matter seriously.

Kind Regards,

Janet H.
Manager

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I only had one afternoon free on my business trip to San Francisco and my Hilton hotel had a Towers booth in the lobby. I spoke with their representative at the desk, Ernesto, who was super helpful and recommended the Grand City Tour after telling him what I was looking for.
The tour was $51 and 3.5 hours long. I was very happy with it - I felt like it showed me a lot of San Francisco and I liked the three stops. We stopped at Fort Point to see the Golden Gate Bridge (and actually, Fort Point was really cool too), Golden Gate Park, and Twin Peaks. We were really lucky as we pulled up to the Twin Peaks as the fog was rolling in. We got some great pictures and then got to experience the fog around us and watch it quickly cover our entire view. I was a little disappointed at the Golden Gate Park stop, only because it was a Monday and the observation tower is closed on Mondays.
Our guide was very knowledgeable and friendly (I might be wrong, but I think his name was Larry or Lenny, or something close). The tour bus was comfy and wasn't too packed. Lots of photo opportunities as we drove around. A tip (for SF in general, really) is to bring a sweater; especially at Fort Point it was FREEZING!
As my title says, it was a great tour to get a feel for the city as a whole. We covered a lot of ground and I thought that the $51 fare was a decent price. They also pick you up and drop you off at your hotel.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Me and a mate took Larry's bus down to Monterey and Carmel. It was an amazing day trip, going through some beautiful country... but I'd have to say the tour is totally worth your time just to listen to Larry's stories- he's hilarious and really informative.